Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gargamel cut his paw last week. I searched the threads and people say its will bleed a lot, and to soak it or wrap it up if its bad. I have been soaking his paw, and using anti bacterial wipe pads after we come back from walks. I have tried to not let him run around. I gathered I should just be worried if its infected? How can you tell? Is it like if I get a cut infected? Hurt, hot to touch, sore and puss filed?

Vet said i could come get Antibiotics, but this would be the 4th time he is on them in the past 3 months, I don't want to just have him go on them as preventative, only if there IS an infection. Figured I would see what people thought here before bringing him in to the vet since they say they can't do anything for it I am not already doing, except more medicine.

Mel has not changed anything he wants to do daily, he still wants to jump and play, isn't limping at all. He isn't licking it, he doesn't bother with it. This is day 6 pictures. Its still bleeds after we go for a walk, which is why I worry if it IS infected...

hiding his nose cause he is sick of me looking at his paw I am guessing , lol.

What do you think? Or do these type of cuts just take a long time to heal since its on his paw?

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
Did you say it is hot and swollen still? if so yes it is infected. It looks fine to me I would quit messing with it and let it heal. It has already granulated and the tissue is not exposed to bacteria so no need to keep cleaning it out. wounds on the feet heal up quickly and it looks pretty good. As long as he is not limping on it or showing lot of pain, it is not swollen or hot I would say he is just fine. I have dealt with a lot of foot injuries and that looks ok.

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you say it is hot and swollen still? if so yes it is infected. It looks fine to me I would quit messing with it and let it heal. It has already granulated and the tissue is not exposed to bacteria so no need to keep cleaning it out. wounds on the feet heal up quickly and it looks pretty good. As long as he is not limping on it or showing lot of pain, it is not swollen or hot I would say he is just fine. I have dealt with a lot of foot injuries and that looks ok.
awesome! OK I will stop cleaning it, didn't know if I was taking off the scab or not letting one form with all the soaking I was doing to him to keep it clean... Thank you, is it NOT hot and swollen, sorry to confuse, that was me asking if thats what I should look for as infection signs, which he does not have :)

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
I would also skip the walks for a few days......;)

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1 - 5 of 5 Posts