Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. My wife and I had Jake at her uncles house yesterday. He was oudoors all day and interacted a little with her sister's rat terrier. We came home and he had this spot on his inner left thigh. It doesn't seem to itch or anything. Do you guys think it is a bug bite or ringworm? If it is ringworm, what should we treat it with? i read on another forum that you can use athlete's foot cream or any other type of fungal cream. All help is appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Umm really hard to say from the pics, but a Ringworm is a fungal infection that you can recognize in a dog exhibiting circular hair loss and scaly skin. Ringworm usually disappears by itself, although an antifungal medication MAY be effective. Anyways, puppies and dogs gets bumps, and are allergic to certain things just like humans, but to me NO it don't look like a Ringworm.

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
I think that it is just a bug bite. It doesn't look like ringworm. Are you sure that no one pulled off a tick it sorta looks like that. I would use anything on it just watch it and if it doesn't go away in a few days take her to the vets.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the comments and concerns. Jake is doing great. The spot is gone so it definately wasn't ringworm. I hope Buster gets well soon. :(

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
I'm glad that Jake is better. Buster looks a little better, but looks like it will need about a week maybe to clear up - not sure, never treated a canine for ringworm.:flush:

·
Registered
795 Posts
I had ringworm on my neck and I dont know where the hell it came from but it itched soo bad. Antifungal cream does work but we used something else (my hubby's mom is a nursing assitant) it was some yellow liquid and it stunk! But I'd have to say I went crazy when I had it! lol

·
Fat-Dogs-R-Us
8,760 Posts
omg poor buster... ive never actually seen ringworm on a dog before!

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
Ya me either. He's good now, though. I got a lot of weird grass and moss in my back yard. Also he goes to the groomers, I wonder if he coulda caught it there?

·
Fat-Dogs-R-Us
8,760 Posts
always a good possibility... I thought that humans get ringworm from actual worms that live in standing water? (puddles ect) I could be wrong... thats wut my my my momma says lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts