Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I'm new to the community and would like to learn more about Bullies for my pet's well-being!

Been observing my 4-month old pup for weeks now, and I think he looks smaller and thinner compared to his littermates (who have the bulky Bully look). I don't know if its because I regularly take him for short walks that he's losing fat/bulk, or it's more of his predisposition, or maybe he's the one in the right weight/visual range. He's currently around 27 lbs.
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Working animal Comfort

Dog Dog breed Collar Carnivore Bookcase

Dog Ear Window Carnivore Collar

Would be very happy to know what you guys think! Showing his pictures here for reference! Thanks guys!

·
Super Moderator
5,440 Posts
I would ask the same question about being dewormed because of his belly. He does not appear to be too thin. If he stays on schedule he will probably be around 55 pounds when he matures. How big were his parents?
Love those ears! You do know that when his head pops they wont be long and wonky. He is beautiful boy and I wish you many happy years together. Welcome to the forum MangoDBully!

Joe

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would ask the same question about being dewormed because of his belly. He does not appear to be too thin. If he stays on schedule he will probably be around 55 pounds when he matures. How big were his parents?
Love those ears! You do know that when his head pops they wont be long and wonky. He is beautiful boy and I wish you many happy years together. Welcome to the forum MangoDBully!

Joe
Hi Joe!

Yea, he constantly gets dewormed every 2 weeks, so I was thinking maybe it's not worms? But maybe I'm wrong. Will have him dewormed again today and see if it makes any difference.

This is the dad.

Dog Bulldog Dog breed Carnivore Jaw

As for the mother, I lost her pictures but she's in the Standard range, and I get to see her often since she belongs to my girlfriend's brother.

Thanks for the warm welcome and the compliment about the ears! We really didn't want it cropped even if others wanted to coz we like how he looks with them!

I'm really hoping he pops beautifully! Thank you!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi! I'm new to the community and would like to learn more about Bullies for my pet's well-being!

Been observing my 4-month old pup for weeks now, and I think he looks smaller and thinner compared to his littermates (who have the bulky Bully look). I don't know if its because I regularly take him for short walks that he's losing fat/bulk, or it's more of his predisposition, or maybe he's the one in the right weight/visual range. He's currently around 27 lbs. View attachment 90720
View attachment 90719
View attachment 90718
Would be very happy to know what you guys think! Showing his pictures here for reference! Thanks guys!
My first thought in reaction to pics was that your gorgeous pup may have worms. My rescue Pit had been dewormed but after 2 months she began to have diarrhea and I also spotted worms wiggling in her stool. Bring pup to vet, deworming is tricky with pups. Beautiful pup!:poop:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My first thought in reaction to pics was that your gorgeous pup may have worms. My rescue Pit had been dewormed but after 2 months she began to have diarrhea and I also spotted worms wiggling in her stool. Bring pup to vet, deworming is tricky with pups. Beautiful pup!:poop:
Yea, i'm looking into that as well. Had him dewormed again last week. Hopefully, that shows improvement. Thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts