Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Layla seems like she has stopped growing. She hasn't gained any weight in the past two weeks.

Assuming I measured right at the withers she is 17inchs. She seems so short?

She is 5 1/2 monthes old. 32 lbs.

Trish

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
:D silly girl trish you are too cute. layla is still a baby pup :) she may still have a growth spurt in her its hard to tell at 5 1/2 months. do we get new layla pictures soon????

·
Registered
386 Posts
Remy is 18 1/2 inches and 40 lbs at 5 months. I was kinda wondering the same thing. Her mom parents weighed about 85 lbs. She seems to be gaining weight, but her height concerns me sometimes. I think a big part of it is that I'm here everyday to see her. Its hard to notice growth going by a day to day basis.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know! I will have pics soon! I just can't wait for her to grow....I should enjoy the puppy stages while they last.

I remeasured.

15 inchs at the withers (this is accurate)
8 inches across the chest (maybe a little off)
14 inches long (may be a little off)

·
Registered
520 Posts
stop worrying bout ur pups size ur gunna go nuts trying to figure out how big shes gunna get at 5 months lexi has changed insane ammounts since 5 months your not gunna really know your dogs final height till about a year old and you wont know final weight and body size till 2 years so i wouldnt worry bout it to much

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
I think once they hit about 4-5 months the growth slows down, and instead of a constant rate, they have spurts. When Thrall hit that age I remember thinking he was so small, he still slept in the crate that my pug uses now, then one day I noticed he was huge! lol

·
I AINT HARD TO FIND
7,624 Posts
stop worrying bout ur pups size ur gunna go nuts trying to figure out how big shes gunna get at 5 months lexi has changed insane ammounts since 5 months your not gunna really know your dogs final height till about a year old and you wont know final weight and body size till 2 years so i wouldnt worry bout it to much
thats very well put. my pups sire didnt "bulk" up til around a year and a half, and every dog is different. However, genetics to affect it, but the quality of life will affect it more (what you feed, how much excersise (sp?)). Overall i would just enjoy her being a little shin high furball.. Cuz she won't be like that in a few months!

·
Fat-Dogs-R-Us
8,760 Posts
interesting... If it makes you feel better Indi is only 18 inches high and she's 2 lol. Neela and jarvis are more around 20-23 inches tall.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts