Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was told that this dog is a Cane Corso but others tell me she is a Bandog. I would love to get papers for her so that next time someone asks I can say whT she is with Proof! So she is soon to be 3yrs old in Oct 28th2013!! (my princess is getting big!) Her parents are.. BullMastiff (with papers) and her mother is a full Blood Rednose PitBull (no papers). Meeka is my Doggys name!! she is very intelligent, aware of her surroundings, she is quiet very alert, she's very protective around me and our home, and she is very reserved she does not like other people approaching her and trying to pet her. she has gone to canine school when she was a puppy for basic obedience training and socialization. with some basic guard training as to stop when i say to stop or get em when i say to. she has great sense of hearing but lacks sense of smelling...lol I also never croped her ears or tail. I have done a lot of research and she has a lot of traits from both breeds. she is 23 and a half inches tall, and about 38 inches long, at 88.5 lb........Please help to find out what she reLly is I woyld love to know the difference between the two breeds, they both look alike except one has more facial droopy face.

·
Premium Member
5,100 Posts
She is not a cane corso if she is a mastiff/apbt mix and you won't be able to get papers as she is a mixed breed dog.

·
Banned
5,496 Posts
Well here some info. As stated above its a ban dog since its an apbt x mastiff.... but cane corsos are also ban dogs so even if she was a cc she'd still indeed be a ban dog. Theres multiple different colors and shapes to ban dogs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so she is a bandog? and not a corso. her color is a light black mask and a golden brindle. with white tips of paws and a white chest with a little to none wait around her nose.

·
Banned
5,496 Posts
Shes a ban dog. You cant breed 2 different breeds together and get a totally seperate breed from the 2 bred. To be a cane corso both of her parents would of had to of been 100% cane corso.

A cane corso is a type of ban dog. But you dont have a cane corso. Every cane corso is a ban dog but not all ban dogs are cane corsos.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so she is a bandog not a corso? and i forgot to mention that she is gold with brindle stripes and she has a black light mask around her face and very little whitearound her nose and she has a white chest with little bit of white tips on her paws. can I register her as a bandog?

·
Dirty Girl
927 Posts
I reserve the term Bandogge for dogs who actually work. Every Mastiff mutt does not deserve the title Bandogge.

Reactions: JoKealoha

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
so she is a bandog not a corso? and i forgot to mention that she is gold with brindle stripes and she has a black light mask around her face and very little whitearound her nose and she has a white chest with little bit of white tips on her paws. can I register her as a bandog?
No you can't get her registered , and how many times to people have to tell you that she's a cross , a BullMastiff/APBT cross....kkkkeeeerist on a damn crutch.

·
I'm the blue dragon!
4,564 Posts
I agree... a Bandogge is a purpose bred mutt. Not just every mastiff/apbt/bulldog mix is a bandogge. The breeding was an intentional breeding with the intention of working the dog in a specific field.

If this is not the case, then ur dog is a mutt. Nothing wrong with a mutt..... I love mine!

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
You have a mutt. Nothing wrong with mutts. I have one. Bandogs aren't just mutts, they have been selectively bred to be a bandog. Also red nose isn't a type of APBT it's just the color of their nose.

Sent from Petguide.com App

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
Jtp... I think Stan and I have confused you with what the term Bandog is and what it applies to, may have thrown too much at you at once and your starting to get things mixed up...

Op, you have a mutt. Doesn't have to be a negative unless you chose for it to be.

The term bandog has been killed with everything being named as such.

Just as the term "pit bull"... Only those that have been proven earn the title of such..

Jtp where your getting confused I believe is through all bulldogs or Bandogs until otherwise proven...

I'm at work maybe Stan or someone can say more for now

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Jtp... I think Stan and I have confused you with what the term Bandog is and what it applies to, may have thrown too much at you at once and your starting to get things mixed up...

Op, you have a mutt. Doesn't have to be a negative unless you chose for it to be.

The term bandog has been killed with everything being named as such.

Just as the term "pit bull"... Only those that have been proven earn the title of such..

Jtp where your getting confused I believe is through all bulldogs or Bandogs until otherwise proven...

I'm at work maybe Stan or someone can say more for now
:goodpost:

A Bandog isn't just some mistiff mix, they are bred with specific traits in mind and purpose behind the breeding. IMO if its just two dogs thrown together with no working purpose to the breeding it's just another average mutt. And there's nothing wrong with a mutt. They're great pets as well.
To the OP Cane Corsos are an established breed of dog, if your dog is a mix of two different breeds then it can not be a cane Corso.

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
Good lookin pup...

Cane Corso is an old bandog breed.. bandog = Working mastiff which originally they were more bulldog like. There are many bandog breeds called mastiffs as they're just big big bulldogs that can still work. Ban meaning bound because back then the big dogs were as hot as a APBT full of TNT only way to keep them was bound by chain.

Bandogs are up and rising as many are crossing APBT into various mastiff breeds.. to recreate basically what the mastiff orginally was depending on location and tasks altered the appearance of the dog. BUT genetically they're all the same :) BRED really TIGHT to one appearance and function of facet of functions. Thus the similarities in all the breeds on all the levels.

Tosa already has apbt in it, Game bull terrier made way and X in Game bull terrier is the APBT not to be confused with the bull terrier which is an old APBT (game bullterrier) X propaganda breed by Hinks. The Tosa is a bandog in every way as is the boer both are replicas of the original bullmastiff, boer being the bullmastiff of africa maintaing working status longer.

Cane Corso go back to the original mastiffs, the fighting dogs of gaul... which are long down from European gray wolf X with Indian/Chinese wolf... generations later of long breeding for function of catch work of man and beast designed those. So equally the APBT X's today to serve similar functions. Bandogs.. or Bulldogs.. until otherwise proven ... war dog service dog police dog etc.. and pit bull is long time slang use word for fighting bulldog. The original bulldog was thrown into the pit and forever dubbed "pit bull" so there are many breeds that are pit bull type when really they are bulldog type.

There are bandog breeds as there are working bandog f1 Xs which really arent Xs are they because they are all from each other.. just a bigger dog for a different function or no function in many cases just looks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
That is a great explanation.

Good lookin pup...

Cane Corso is an old bandog breed.. bandog = Working mastiff which originally they were more bulldog like. There are many bandog breeds called mastiffs as they're just big big bulldogs that can still work. Ban meaning bound because back then the big dogs were as hot as a APBT full of TNT only way to keep them was bound by chain.

Bandogs are up and rising as many are crossing APBT into various mastiff breeds.. to recreate basically what the mastiff orginally was depending on location and tasks altered the appearance of the dog. BUT genetically they're all the same :) BRED really TIGHT to one appearance and function of facet of functions. Thus the similarities in all the breeds on all the levels.

Tosa already has apbt in it, Game bull terrier made way and X in Game bull terrier is the APBT not to be confused with the bull terrier which is an old APBT (game bullterrier) X propaganda breed by Hinks. The Tosa is a bandog in every way as is the boer both are replicas of the original bullmastiff, boer being the bullmastiff of africa maintaing working status longer.

Cane Corso go back to the original mastiffs, the fighting dogs of gaul... which are long down from European gray wolf X with Indian/Chinese wolf... generations later of long breeding for function of catch work of man and beast designed those. So equally the APBT X's today to serve similar functions. Bandogs.. or Bulldogs.. until otherwise proven ... war dog service dog police dog etc.. and pit bull is long time slang use word for fighting bulldog. The original bulldog was thrown into the pit and forever dubbed "pit bull" so there are many breeds that are pit bull type when really they are bulldog type.

There are bandog breeds as there are working bandog f1 Xs which really arent Xs are they because they are all from each other.. just a bigger dog for a different function or no function in many cases just looks.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts