Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dozer is on 4health grain free beef/sweet potato he has been getting 5 cups a day for the last couple months. He weighed 59lbs at the vet last week at almost 9.5 months He is my first bull dog, he is very high energy any we play at least 3hr a day plus he is always running never walks.
I am just wondering if he is getting enough kibble or to much. Is this just a puppy thing and I will have to cut back as he ages/slows down? Would I notice anything by switching to a top shelf kibble orijen/acanna? Thank you for the help

·
Diggin' Deep
5,194 Posts
He looks like he is at a GREAT weight!! :) I used to feed mine mostly Acana and Instinct grain free and around that age my female was getting 6 cups!! It was crazy! Most other folks feeding the same thing to dogs close in age were feeding 2 cups... She just had crazy metabolism but now that she is more mature, it's lessened a bit.. :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all for the replies.

DickyT a hog roast does sound good but those one are a lil big.

I figured that he had a little bit higher metabolism than an average dog.

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
looks amazing! keep it up! Acana you may feed less so it may save you money in the long run, but like Coach said it all depends on the metabolism :)

·
Premium Member
2,250 Posts
That's true. I have never had on done in the ground. how do they compare to one on the roaster?
Just as good, or better. When a pig is too big to fit in the smoker I like the Cajun method of digging a pit, putting a 2-3 brick high border of cinder blocks around the pit, line the pit with banana leaves (or some other leaf indigenous peoples would have wrapped food in)

Throw the cleaned and dressed hog into the pit, cover the pit with sheet steel and keep the bed of coals going on top of the steel. It does it Dutch Oven style that way.

You can alternatively get the coals going in the ground with some rocks, cover with soaked banana leaves or burlap, toss the pig on and cover it for more of a smokey flavor.

Any way it is done, when cooked whole hog, ya just cant go wrong.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts