Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my 5 month old pitbull.. i got her when she was 6weeks old. The owners said she was full pit and even showed me the mom and what was supposedly the dad. but nowim beginning to wonder because shes very thin and kinda tall and her head also seems a little small for a pit.. what do you all think?

Attachments

· Banned
314 Posts
They don't all get big. I have a male dog that's rather slim, but he's got more power than a sled dog, and he's only 2 1/2 years old.

In the future, go to a reputable breeder and you'll never have to ask yourself, "Is my dog a real APBT?" Never get a pup on a spur of the moment decision.

· Premium Member
9,176 Posts
I thought mix looking at the 1st pic, love her anyways though as stated above :)

· Banned
314 Posts
Another thing to remember, her parents may have been pure, but if the bitch is not kept secure, she can take it by more that one male, and ruin the purity of pups, even if they "look" the same.

I saw a guy once who had a litter of pups, and he was scratching his head as to why they looked like his neighbors mutts. When I told him this, he didn't believe me. Any good breeder knows this, so IMO, he shouldn't have been breeding.

The way to protect pure breed dogs is getting them from the professionals that care about their dogs, more than their pockets. This also prevents others from asking the question you asked. JMO.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What did you expect an American Pit Bull Terrier to look like? Also she might be going through a growth spurt, they tend to look lanky during this time.
I thought she would be a little more filled out by 5 months and have a larger head, but shes my first pitbull so i really dont know what she should look like lol but either way i do love her no matter what shes a great dog and very intelligent!

· Jr MEMBER
1,309 Posts
I thought she would be a little more filled out by 5 months and have a larger head, but shes my first pitbull so i really dont know what she should look like lol but either way i do love her no matter what shes a great dog and very intelligent!
There's variety in breed, but overall they're not very bulky dogs.

Here, these are dogs from different registries (I hope you don't mind me sharing bahamutt99)
Left to right they're ADBA American Pit Bull Terrier, UKC American Pit bull Terrier, AKC American Staffordshire Terrier

· K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,358 Posts
shes part DOBIE!!!! Dont worry.. still a great dog! Like eagle said.. I've seen a bitch get studded by one dog.. then get out and get nailed by another male and all of the dogs but 2 or three resemble one sire while the 3 resemble the bastard sire... that whole litter was "trash" freebies cause you can't sell anything at that point and be honest by saying they're pure.

I've had a dobie/pit mix.. you dont get much kinda like a rott/pit mix .. just a dog... go back far enough and the APBT and Dobie have a shared eliment .. The extinct English White Fighting Terrier was an inbred Manchester terrier which was the same dog as the orginal pincher in two different countries.. The English bred it one way the Germans the bred it another. I've had a pit/whippit mix both dogs I rescued from euthanasia (I was Dr. Death at the SPCA) .. anyway.. YOUR DOGS front feet carry and hold just like a growing dobie not to mention that stance... Black and Tan as well as Black, Tan, and White are APBT colors as well thats not what Im looking at, Im looking at skull, feet, body.. compare to doberman.. very similar

· Registered
4,196 Posts
She looks like a possible mix to me, but you'll be able to tell more clearly when she's more mature. Puppies go through all kinds of weird phases.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.