Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
3,357 Posts
I bet they just put lab,cause he's black,and you don;t see many black pitties.
But there is such a thing. LOL.

Can't be sure without papers though. Still a handsome dog either way.

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
Without going through a reputable breeder or having a ped its impossible to know for sure. I've seen well bred APBT's that look houndish, slightly bulkier than "the average" and of course your typical "appearance" APBT. These dogs while have a standard, first and foremost are bred for drive and specific traits. Most APBT's are 25 - 55lbs while some are larger, generally a well bred one is going to fit within that weight range. (not all, of course.)
In the end its safe to say you probably have a mix, it is also possible theres no APBT in your dogs genetic make up at all. Boxer x Labs, American Bulldog mixes, AmBully and mixes of them all can appear to be APBT, especially to a rescue and shelter given how many dogs they take in its "best guess" and move on.

Just enjoy your dog, whatever he may be.

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
I don't see Lab in this one, I do see Dane or some sort of hound, but even some very well bred APBT's look houndish as KM and LIsa pointed out. No matter whta just love him and read up on this breed:D Welcome to the forum btw :D

·
Banned
3,721 Posts
Without a valid pedigree you will never know. He looks like he can cover some ground though :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts