Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im at work, im typing this from work after finding out that my two pits attacked and almost killed this stupid dog that has been all over my neighborhood. I live in the country.. no animal control, and sheriff dept doesnt do anything. SO... theres this large white dog looks between a pointer n pit and I know who owns him its this young guy and his family, when he jogs by with his blue female in heat and then the pointer x trailing behind him my dogs are always barking at them and the pointer x comes to the fences pees, sniffs, and tries fence fighting, ive called after dude "hey...you forgot your dog!" its ok he knows where home is... So he doesnt give a crap about the dog and his pointer x is always taunting my dogs on the other side of the fence.. so here iam, my husband calls, my dad pulls up in my yard (my entire yard is fenced in and secured) and my dad doesnt remember to close the gate, my little girl is outside playing on her swingset and my dogs are in the backyard thats hidden by the fence well here comes the pointer x running in the yard peein over all her slides and playhouse and my dogs run and barrel the x, my dad couldnt help break up the fight but my husband miraculously got two pits off this stupid mutt and he cant even move fast enough to get out of my fence and my male (meeko) rolls him again my hubby carries china AND my lil girl in the house and runs to break up the fight, the mutt left a bad trail of blood all over the place but got out my yard meeko and china dont have a scratch so now what...... im worried where this will lead to... I have "beware of dogs and private property" posted all over my fence and my dogs have NEVER gotten out of the yard the fight was in MY yard... I really dont know what to do from here... All my dogs are vaccinated but it still worries me even tho they werent hurt, can the owner get me for vet bills? Im so hot over this im so SICK of his animals runnin around the neighborhood.. is there something I can do? I think he has 4 they also have a GSD x and he avoids going near my yard but the neighbor across from me has a shed and he tore into that leaving a Xtra large hole where he got in the shed, they didnt go help her and shes old as dirt.. im at my end with the neighbor... im scared they will retaliate or something.. last week he asked me (while running down the street with his blue bitch in heat that he doesnt have a stud and "could he burrow meek to breed with her for pick"):mad::mad::mad: he keeps all them dogs outside n runs around... with a female in heat... with all the dang strays... I just...I dont even know what to say anymore.. (NOTE: I live on a dead end street so he lives 3 houses down from me) Please someone..... advice!

·
Registered
859 Posts
If the dog got into you're property then i don't think you have to pay for any vet bills since the dog came into your yard. At least here in CA it's like that..

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Should I just leave the situation alone and wait for another incident... or say something to the stupid owners? What would I say without causing problems.... ... im so not good with moronic people.. y cant people just contain there dogs...:rain::rain:

·
ACCOUNT CLOSED
5,701 Posts
If they come at you, I would contact a lawyer... I've known many people who live in the country who shot dogs that came on their property to cause trouble.

·
Banned
3,357 Posts
Perhaps ignoramus will wise up after he sees his dog. besides,he can't prove it was your dogs...He didn't see it did he?
I would just wait it out,see if he says anything. besides dog was in your yard. He will be at fault. there is nothing he can do legally.
If anything he will be punished for letting his dogs roam free.

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
I think this is totally his fault for not containing the dog. I think your dogs may have thought he was a threat to your daughter and were trying to keep her safe. If a strange dog came anywhere close to my son my dogs would beat the :poop: outta it too.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
X. no they didnt see it. I wish there was something I could do besides shooting him (I know thats what country people do when theres a problem, but I want that to be the last resort) im sick of there dogs runnin around, my little girl was out there, shes two, what if he bit her? Blah, this whole continuing issue is retarded. Im SO fustrated!
Is it legal to shoot dogs in the country? Weve had some rabies cases up here I live in the south I KNOW there dogs arnt utd on vaccinations ive only seen that dog with a collar on once and it was orange..go figure. KG I know.. my hubby said that dog was peeing all over her playground slides and playhouse and before he got to run it off the dogs got him Meeko even knows better then to hike on any baby equipment but ive never had to teach him that he spends more time in that little play house with Riley then her brother does im sure he saw him straight as a threat..... Its looking like I dont have a whole lot of options here.....

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
I would tell him his dogs got in your yard and ask him if he can keep them from getting on to your property. Do not say anything else other than his dog got into your yard, no other explanation is necessary. Do not be rude about but concerned and see if you can come to an understanding. Same sort of thing happened with my neighbor and I just kept catching his dogs when they got in my yard and finally he started chaining them. I told him the next time I was taking them to animal services.

It was not your fault or your dogs!

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
you could always make the dog disapear.... and find it another home ;)
PK.. if that were possible it would have already been done... If I had a shelter at my location that would have been done.. but none of these options are at my disposal.. I dont know anybody that would take him... hes the fugliest lookin dog... thats y im so stumped.. Ive ignored that dog and his owner and his ugly blue female pit that he runs up and down the dead end street in heat for a min... I even told dude he left his dog at my fence he didnt care... :( :(

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was thinking maybe I could say that his dog got in my yard and my little girl out there and I want him to contain them that being said I can threaten to call the cops but the sheriff wont do anything.

·
Registered
776 Posts
I was thinking maybe I could say that his dog got in my yard and my little girl out there and I want him to contain them that being said I can threaten to call the cops but the sheriff wont do anything.
i d just be honest about it peeing on your daughters toys .. if that does make him do something than he is a giant:poop: and he deserves what he gets .
its too bad the dog is a product of him and not really his fault but you gotta think about your family including the dogs and how this could be twisted by the news and such if your dogs kill it ... no matter how it really goes down.
i say if it comes around again and the owner is not in site , lure it in the fence , pop it one and call the cops .. tell them it was aggresive tward your daughter

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i d just be honest about it peeing on your daughters toys .. if that does make him do something than he is a giant:poop: and he deserves what he gets .
its too bad the dog is a product of him and not really his fault but you gotta think about your family including the dogs and how this could be twisted by the news and such if your dogs kill it ... no matter how it really goes down.
i say if it comes around again and the owner is not in site , lure it in the fence , pop it one and call the cops .. tell them it was aggresive tward your daughter
*sigh* yea... it seems to be headed in that direction. Poor dog. I feel horrible playing god but my family comes first.. im dreading his bitch having puppies that will be 8 more dogs running around here!

·
Registered
776 Posts
you may wanna call the cops and ask them what you should do .. tell them that the dog is coming around and being aggressive tward you kids..
find out the laws before shooting just to be safe

·
Registered
135 Posts
First, don't shoot the dog. It's not the dogs fault that his owner is an idiot.

I agree with Performance. If the dog(s) come on to your property, make them disappear; take them to the Humane Society. If they ask you if you know these dogs, be honest and tell them, you have asked the owner to keep them off your property many times but he isn't cooperating, and you didn't know what else to do..
They do not need to know the type of dog you own... its irrelevant to 'the dogs running off leash'.. focus on that.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Sorry this is long

I don't want to scare you with the story that I am going to tell you...
remember, each state and county has different dog laws.. most are AGAINST 'pitbulls', so to protect your dogs, keep the cops away.

My sister had a pitbull. He was a rescue from NYC. She spent lots of money with training, search & rescue, and he had a good citizens certificate. (I forget what those are called)

She had a neighbor who owned a German Shepherd. This dog would come on to her property all the time. My sister had an invisible fence, her dog was well trained.

The GSD would visit her yard, piss, poop and take the kids toys. My sisters pitbull liked other dogs, but not on his property. My sister told this man numerous times, to please keep his dog contained.

One day, after many close encounters to a dog fight, the GSD went on to my sister's yard, where her dog was, (the kids were playing outside too) and started with my sisters dog. My sisters dog was well trained.. she gave the command sit and stay, and he did, even though the GSD had nipped at him..

My sister took video and pictures, each time this dog would enter her yard.

My sisters dog was put down, because he was a pitbull. Yes, the judge was a b****, and unfair..

Because of this story... I think the best thing to do is to take someones dog to the pound... Let the owners wonder where their dog is.. by the time they call around, the dog has a great new home or has been put humanly down :)

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I don't want to scare you with the story that I am going to tell you...
remember, each state and county has different dog laws.. most are AGAINST 'pitbulls', so to protect your dogs, keep the cops away.

My sister had a pitbull. He was a rescue from NYC. She spent lots of money with training, search & rescue, and he had a good citizens certificate. (I forget what those are called)

She had a neighbor who owned a German Shepherd. This dog would come on to her property all the time. My sister had an invisible fence, her dog was well trained.

The GSD would visit her yard, piss, poop and take the kids toys. My sisters pitbull liked other dogs, but not on his property. My sister told this man numerous times, to please keep his dog contained.

One day, after many close encounters to a dog fight, the GSD went on to my sister's yard, where her dog was, (the kids were playing outside too) and started with my sisters dog. My sisters dog was well trained.. she gave the command sit and stay, and he did, even though the GSD had nipped at him..

My sister took video and pictures, each time this dog would enter her yard.

My sisters dog was put down, because he was a pitbull. Yes, the judge was a b****, and unfair..

Because of this story... I think the best thing to do is to take someones dog to the pound... Let the owners wonder where their dog is.. by the time they call around, the dog has a great new home or has been put humanly down :)
Kathleen ty for your response but I live out in a forgotton town running away from the state laws just to own a pit(s). We have NO humane society.. none. If I knew somebody, I would have took him looooooong ago and replaced him but thats not the case either I know just about as much people as my dog knows if you get my drift im a simple person.. :) I know its not the dogs fault and seeing as theres no HS in our area that leaves things to me, there have been some rabies cases here in AR where the quarintined a county down no animals could go out none could come in, so there is a risk here, and although I do have a secure fence surrounding my entire yard that doesnt ensure kids/dogs safety I wish I would have been there I would have handled it diff. then just letting the dog run off to wait until next time. Mon. im gonna see if I can take him to another county and tell the shelter I was "passing thru" and picked up this stray, I dont know how that will work either but im going to give it a try, I want that option to be my last resort I dont wanna shoot the dog anymore then you want me to but there are alot of problems concerning this and the owner obviously has no intentions on containing his dog. :(

·
Registered
182 Posts
O wow. you're just right up the road from me. I'm about 40 miles south of Ico on 167. Little town called fordyce.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts