Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, i live in sweden so my english is maybe not the best, but i will give it a try anyway.

lets get to the point, i woundering if my dog is a pit by the looks of the dog? what du YOU think? actually it dont really matter to me but i still want to know what you expert think!

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

weight : 26kg
so, pit or no pit?

/empo

·
Silver VIP Member
1,069 Posts
Very pretty dog.. But what everyone else is going to tell you is that without a pedigree, there is no way to tell for sure.
Regardless, you have a great looking dog!! :)
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
691 Posts
I think your dog looks like it has some pit in it. You can never be 100% sure without a pedigree, though. Still a beautiful dog.

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
The APBT is not defined by appearance rather defined by drive and ability to perform. While there is a standard accepted for structure - appearance these are not show bred dogs rather workers. A dog can look the part but if bred for the show ring, it might as well be an AST..For instance.

Setting that aside your physically i have seen APBT's look very close to your dog appearance wise so it is possible..You may have a pet bull or mix..You wont know for sure without knowing exactly whats behind her history..

Either way good looking hound.

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Your dog looks a lot like my friends dog. He's APBT x Curr.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok people thanks for yours opinions!
the breeder said her mother was 90%apbt and 10%"african pitbullterrier"
and her father was 100%apbt.
but as you say whitout a pedigree you can never be sure.

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
What is an African pitbull terrier??? Never heard of that before.

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
Theres no such thing as an "African Pit Bull Terrier", this is a BYB ploy i have heard this term before and its garbage. Now there are websites out there that show Hyennas on chains claiming them to be the "African Pit Bull Terrier" which is mostly seen as a joke though the pictures are real.

There are Pit dogs across the world that are not APBT's however developed with the same historic work in mind where it is still legal and these dogs do exist in Africa though they are not the same breed.

I have heard of stock from Boerboel x APBT to create their "Pit" dogs as well as selectively breeding other breeds for the task but never cared enough to really look into them.

Regardless either it was a marketing scam or you have yourself a mutt of some sort.

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Thanks KM, I tried looking it up and I got the Hyena pic too lol

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Great looking dog whatever he is.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
KM "you have yourself a mutt of some sort" ? what is mutt?
ok ofcourse there is no hyena in my dog and im pretty sure that the breeder dont say that i have a hyena hybrid, maybe i missunderstand her.

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
KM "you have yourself a mutt of some sort" ? what is mutt?
ok ofcourse there is no hyena in my dog and im pretty sure that the breeder dont say that i have a hyena hybrid, maybe i missunderstand her.
Mutt means that your dog is not a purebred dog. If you take two different breeds of dogs and mate them with no purpose intended behind the breeding..(i.e work or foundation stock for something greater) the outcome will be a mutt. Thats the basic meaning behind what i was referring to.

In your case, this "APBT" and "African PBT".. Who knows what the "African PBT" is relating too..Some sort of pit dog, BYB term attempting to sell, etc.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
I almost thought ridgeback just from the structure maybe they are refer that to a african pit bull? you could call it a bully mix but everyone else pretty much explained it already. Nice dog though , hope none of this matters to you and you still love him regardless :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts