Go Pitbull Forums banner

Is my puppy gaining enough weight per week?

13K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  LiiL_L0cz_Red_N0se 
#1 ·
I've weighed Layla every Tuesday for the past 3 weeks. She started at 20.9, then 24.4, and today 26.8lbs. Should she be gaining more rapidly? I feel like she's not growing lol. She will be 18 weeks on Thursday,

#2 ·
My dog is 18 weeks old and 34 lbs. One thing I've noticed is there isn't consistent weight gain. It can be none one week, one the next, 3 the next. If your girl has gained 5.9 lbs. in the past 3 weeks, I think she's doing alright. I'm exactly like you, I think Remy isn't growing sometimes. But really they are. It will be cool. Don't start overfeeding and keep track of her weights when you weigh her. I started that as soon as I got mine. She came to me weighing 7.7 lbs. and now 4 months later she is almost 35. Crazy how fast they grow.

#5 · (Edited)
haha don't worry about her wieght. you should be more worried about whether she's healthy. it seems to me that shes growing FAST. shes only 4 months old. they don't stop growing until thier about 2 years. when my boy was 4 months he was around 25-30#'s. now hes 10 months and he wieghs 70! some dogs grow at different rates. sinblings and be bigger then others. theres no way you can really tell because sometimes u can get random growth spurts. if you have seem the parents and you are caring for your dog properly then you should already have an idea of how big she will get! I THINK... the girls will usually take after thier mother.. i dont know im not profesional but it's what i've seen in dogs. but i'd say your girl is on the right track!

#7 ·
i agree with thiam +1 coming at ya ;)

she looks great, i woudlnt worry. puppies are alot like jr high kids... big feet, goofy skinny bodies and just plain retarded looking ahhaha.... kenya had the LONGEST legs when she was around 4months old.... she is FINALLY starting to grow into them, so i wouldnt worry much. if ur feeding a good food im sure ur fine :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.