Go Pitbull Forums banner

IS MY PUPPY PSYCHO?????

Tags
psycho puppy
3K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  9938 
#1 ·
I HAVE JUST GOT MY 1ST RED NOSE PITBULL PUPPY, I ALSO HAVE A 3 MONTH OLD DAUGHTER. I HAVE BEEN NOTICING THAT MY PUPPY KEEPS GOING TO THE BATHROOM IN HER BEDROOM AND NEXT TO HER BABY ITEMS. IS HE JEALOUS OF MY DAUGHTER? HE ALWAYS TRY'S BITING ON HER AND I WILL NOT ALLOW HIM TO DO SO, I KNOW THAT'S WHAT PUPPIES DO BUT STILL. WHEN MY HUSBAND TRY'S CALLING HIS NAME HE DOESN'T LISTEN HE JUST SITS THERE WITH HIS TAIL IN BETWEEN HIS LEGS DOES THAT MEAN HE WAS BEAT FROM HIS OWNER? HURLEY IS MY PUPPIES NAME NOW HE ALSO GROWLS AND KINDA SNAPS AT MY BOYS WHICH THEY ARE 10 & 8 , ARE PITBULL PUPPIES LIKE THAT OR IS MINE JUST MEAN? HE DOESN'T ACT LIKE THIS TOWARDS ME YET ANYWAY, WHATS WRONG WITH MY DOG? THIS IS MY 1ST PIT SO I AM A LITTLE SCARED SINCE I HEAR ALL THESE BAD THINGS ABOUT PITS. ALSO WHEN WE TAKE HIM OUTSIDE AND SOMETIMES HE WON'T GO BUT WHEN HE COMES BACK N THEN 5 MINS LATER HE GOES AND POOPS OR PEES IN MY DAUGHTERS ROOM, IS MY PUPPY NORMAL OR DID I MAKE A MISTAKE? PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!

#2 ·
Sounds like your puppy needs rules enforced and a crate. Read thru this site on properly raising and training a puppy.

#3 ·
not phyco just like a puppy without basic rules, you just need to train him up some just as you would have to do with ANY puppy that acts out

#4 ·
is this your first dog, or just first pit?

#5 ·
A pit puppy is no different than any other puppy. They all take the same amount of training. You have to enforce everything you say. You need to correct the pup when it nips and bites, but don't spank the dog. Just correct. Also like American Pit said, you should invest in a crate. Having a crate can save you from having to clean up pee and poo during the night. Also a crate should be no larger than allowing the dog to stand, turn around and lay down. Don't go out and get a GIANT crate, it's not needed. :) Goodluck!

#14 ·
You don't want to use his kennel as a punishment - his kennel should be a place where he can go for comfort. The best thing to do is read through the sight - start with training (professional is good) - puppies are puppies!

Our dog did the same thing as a puppy - she wasn't fully potty trained and would pee on our son's bed. Not to mention she would also nip at him - when puppies are with other litter mates they learn that nipping is playing - just need positive enforcement and give lots of TLC.....

#8 ·
OKAY THIS IS MY 1ST PUPPY EVER!!! AND HE IS SUPER CUTE I JUST NEED HELP GETTING HIM THROUGH THIS. NOW DO I JUST TELL HIM NO I WONT SPANK HIM HE'S A BABY.. AND THEN PUT HIM INTO THE KENNEL? HE SLEEPS WITH ME AND MY HUSBAND SO WE WAKE UP TO LET HIM OUT, AND I LET HIM OUT ALL DAY LONG. I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY HE RATHER GO TO THE BATHROOM IN MY DAUGHTERS ROOM? I DONT NEED TO WORRY RIGHT? HE'S JUST A PUPPY AND WILL GROW OUT OF THIS.. ALSO WHY DOES HE GROWL AND TRY TO BITE MY BOYS? IS IT BC HE'S A PUPPY TOO?

#12 ·
#15 ·
I find the puppy pads , or newspaper whatever you want works great keep one by the door and every time you find her squating to go in the house pick her up n place her there, it will take awhile { sometimes soaking up a bit of urine on it helps getting the scent there so she knows} . continue to take her out side especially like 10 minutes or so after eating and drinking and when they do go where you want ALOT of praise is needed.
The crate helps at night but dont make it a scary place or a bad place dont send her there right now if she is bad or she ill cry n cry. start by feeding her in there with the door open , leave a toy she likes in there when she is in there and sit with her show her it isnt scary. the crate is the best tool you will ever have it will eventually be her safe spot where she can go mine use theres all the time. it also helps at night so as mentioned above your not cleaning up messes in the morning or when you come home from being out or at work . there are some great links above just do alot of reading and be consistent with them its a bit of work but its worth it and it pays off big in the end. hope you post some pics soon :)

#16 · (Edited)
Hmm... The pooping thing next to your daughters toys makes me wonder this:

Do you sanitize your daughter's toys regularly (as most regular parents don't & are too busy)? Not that I'm saying your kids toys are dirty or anything, but kids seldom wash their hands after going potty then immediately go back to toy playing, not just your daughter but other play mates she might have over too. Something to think about & make sure she keeps her bedroom door closed from this happening or to not bring her toys out.

Dogs are actually really smart & of course have a sensitive nose, might smell fecal/urine matter (not to freak you out) on the toys & relating that to where she goes potty. Just a thought.

Puppies tend to snap and bite when their young - you just have to deter this behavior by reinforcing positive behavior & as much play time as they need. Since you have kids, think of it as 'terrible two syndrome' ;)

Just don't freak out & think your puppies evil, I have a 2 year old male went through the same thing with him & now an 11 week old female. Just a puppy thing

Good luck & stay positive

PS - crating is always a great thing if used properly, i.e. when you're unable to watch her during personal time, leaving etc... Also a great way to teach boundaries

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.