Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 years ago I rescued my beautiful pitbull Kola. Over the last 6 months she has woken me twice with her head shaking uncontrollably. It lasts about 2-3 minutes. The rest of her body is calm and she was coherent during the episode this morning. Is she having a seizure?

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Sounds possible.... could be her dreaming as well. Why don't u take her to the vet? They can diagnose them better than here. They can also give her meds to control them :)

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
Did it look like this??

I answered in the other thread, but it could be due to low blood sugar, take her in and have a blood panel done, to see if she may have a thyroid problem or diabetic, you can also give her a tsp full of Karo syrup or honey if you do the grain free thing :D

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
Sounds like a partial seizure go to the vet like Tye suggests. I have two dogs who have partial seizures and they have them so far apart I do not have them on meds. Make sure you keep track of how often she has them the vets will want to know. I have also had dogs who had grand mal seizures and had to be on meds so best to go to the vet and have it checked.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
She was just in not to long ago for a check up, but i will take her back. I didn't say anything to the vet about the first episode because like this time we were sleeping, but she was not coherent and I thought maybe she was dreaming. Thanks! :)

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
The vet will do lab work and see if there is anything that needs attention. If everything looks good the vet will probably just have you record when she has the episodes so they can keep track of them. If she is having them once a week they may want to put her on meds. If it is once a month or less they may do nothing but keep track of them. After she has one she will be out of it for a little bit then act like everything is just fine. Good luck let us know how it goes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts