Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Inkd & Dogs gotta love it
2,074 Posts
In Vet School while going thru nutrition they foods come in and talk to them about there products.

When they open there own hospitals they are offered
Stock & Gifts
No different then pharmacist
They are also offered the same by telling you there is NO generic when in FACT they create the generic before the named brand one.
So by them selling the named brand one for 3 dollars a pill they get a kick back after the first year is up then they can offer the generic. it is how it is paid for .. out of your pockets.

Perscription food is done that exact way.

·
NO TROLL PASSIN
3,801 Posts
In Vet School while going thru nutrition they foods come in and talk to them about there products.

When they open there own hospitals they are offered
Stock & Gifts
No different then pharmacist
They are also offered the same by telling you there is NO generic when in FACT they create the generic before the named brand one.
So by them selling the named brand one for 3 dollars a pill they get a kick back after the first year is up then they can offer the generic. it is how it is paid for .. out of your pockets.

Perscription food is done that exact way.
Good Post , a lot of people don't know this.

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
From a Vet himself, in a conversation w/ me.. If a paying customer asks me what is the best food for my dog, I let them know that all commercial dog food essentially come from the same source no matter pedigree or purina, much like the gas stations across the street from each other.These brands all get recalled at the same time because they have the same source, even regular science diet has been recalled, so has the SCI DI Id. Science diet goes through scientific testing and consultation w/ Veterinarians, however the best food is that in which fits the pet and your pocket the best.....
The best food are the specialty brands, and SCI DI made w/ wild game instead of chicken. The best commerical food I personally find better for the high end dogs are; Active Adult SCI DI once aday and Frozen Biljac once a day.. The best digestion value and best stool evaluated by 3 different animal hospitals in 5 different breeds, its what they now advise to APBT, HIimpact Hound, PD/SHFDEP dogs, and anyone who wants to keep their active/athletic dog lean and healthy. I have graduated since then and use mostly B.A.R.F except in extreme heat of summer this saves on the pocket and has best digestion value for the dog.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
To answer the question.....No.

·
Banned
774 Posts
i go with no grain food TOTW is the bomb i like dimond brand to id feed raw or timberwolf but thats way to high for me

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
ehem*sciencediet*ehem
Not at any of the clinics me or my wife have worked.
They get contracts because of the prescription diets but we NEVER got a dime from Science Diet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts