Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My APBT W.S. is about 4 months. LAtely once in a while when I play tug-o-war with him, He'll start humping the air while hes tugging. I say "aye" in a frim voice and make him sit and he will stop. I was wondering if this is a sign of him showing dominace or is he getting aroused(lol) or something because he is hitting puberty? ANy input and feedback would be greatly appreciated.

·
Bull Headed
1,247 Posts
My APBT W.S. is about 4 months. LAtely once in a while when I play tug-o-war with him, He'll start humping the air while hes tugging. I say "aye" in a frim voice and make him sit and he will stop. I was wondering if this is a sign of him showing dominace or is he getting aroused(lol) or something because he is hitting puberty? ANy input and feedback would be greatly appreciated.
are you sure its humping?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont kno what else it would be called....imagine a male dog trying to mate with a female dog...and then subtract the female dog and thats what he is doing. I can be wrong is there any thing else similiar to that behavior?

·
Bull Headed
1,247 Posts
I dont kno what else it would be called....imagine a male dog trying to mate with a female dog...and then subtract the female dog and thats what he is doing. I can be wrong is there any thing else similiar to that behavior?
my dog tugs harder by doing a similar motion to humping... is his junk coming out when he's doing it?

·
Proud CGC Parent
1,782 Posts
Your puppy is just getting over-excited. Humping is not a behavior just about sex -- it can come from play, over-stimulation/-excitement, stress, boredom, etc.

You're doing the right thing by correcting him and having him sit and calm down. Keep it up.

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
:goodpost: Not dominance but more excitement. I will also say when my dogs tug hard they look like they are humping but it is not humping, I would not correct it unless he is trying to hump you. One of my dogs humps all her toys because it is the only thing she can be dominate over, lol
Unless he is humping you or another person I would not correct, it might not be humping just your misunderstanding.

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
:goodpost: Not dominance but more excitement. I will also say when my dogs tug hard they look like they are humping but it is not humping, I would not correct it unless he is trying to hump you. One of my dogs humps all her toys because it is the only thing she can be dominate over, lol
Unless he is humping you or another person I would not correct, it might not be humping just your misunderstanding.
I'm gonna be the boss of SOMEONE in this house! *looks at toys*

OP, like everyone else said it's either excitement or just her playing tug. I'd only really correct if she was humping me..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts