Go Pitbull Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi GALS and GUYS,

It's been awhile. Life,Work and More Life has been keeping me very busy but i haven't stopped working with my dog. Well Santino turned 2 last week of July, before that about 3months or so ago i've noticed a big change in his demeanor as far as his attitude he's been more chill not lethargic or sickly, just CHILL. he will play with me and his toys but for the most part he's just so relaxed, he's active on our walks and hikes, i found a nice park i've been going to and i haven't seen anyone around when we go, so i have been letting him off leash for about 30mins just to run around and chase birds and rabbits. He's gotten good with the rabbits, i've been carrying trash bags if you know what i mean. anyways when i get home from work i don't see the enthusiastic old him, sure he still greets me and wags his tail but he's more calm about it now gives me a few sniffs and he's back on the rug chilling and back to sleep. i walk him 2xs a day morning and night walks so we get out exercise. I took him to the vet about 2 months ago and they gave him a clean bill of health, the doc was very impressed by his teeth and skin. he's at 72lbs he's a big boy but not immensly big. i posted a pic so you all won't be like he's a fatty.:hammer:
his energy seems to have leveled out, he still gets excited when visitors or the postman comes by so his alertness hasn't gone by the way side. I think he's just grown up now WOW it just went by sooooo fast. I feel :( that his puppy days are now behind him.

·
Registered
901 Posts
When Beastley turned 2 he started doing the same thing. Very layed back. He has his moments but he prefers lounging around more then usual. He enjoys his walks and toss but when the house is quiet he will settle in with everyone and just chill instead of always wanting to play toss or throw his bottle.

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
I noticed my pup did the same thing but I got him neutered around then so I can't say which was more a factor. No more testosterone or age. Although i am trying to get his weight down and his energy has increased in the past month we have been working on it. He was 68.1 last month and 63.4 now and I still have about 10lbs or so to go to get him ideal. What and how much are you feeding him? He maybe getting too much food which could put him in a food coma :) lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts