Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never really thought about it before but someone brought up barking on a different post. My girl doesn't bark. She just lifts her head and looks at everything. I noticed she is very watchful. She will keep her eyes on people who don't live here. She also sticks by my side after they pet her. She will come back to me and stand in front of me or sit next to me and watch them. She goes back to them for pets but always comes back to me as well. If I have her go to her bed so she stops pestering she never takes her eyes off them. Could this be bad? Is she just watching her surroundings?

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
Vendetta watches everything too. She will sit in the car and watch people walk by she will actually turn around in her seat to continue watching them. She barks at one lady that uses the community center where my son takes Tae Kwon Do. i dont know why she barks at this one lady but she does so I figure she must not be trust worthy.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Bailey is like that but she doesnt stare people down. SHe perks her head up when alerted but rarely barks. When someone knocks she barks when Louie (yorkie x) barks. he usually sets her off lol. I do kwym about them stickin to your side. bailey is stuck to me like glue lol.

off topic but my husband plays a staring game w/ them when he gets home. He starts their engines by standing in a hunched over position staring at them. they start barkin and growling then he'll stomp his feet and they're off like race cars zoomin through the house lol I need to make a video of it one day.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My Lilly does not bark much either. She has always been very alert, but she is not a barking dog. I would not worry about it. Li is 6 now and we have never had any kind of aggression issue. She does the same kind of thing where she stares intently but she lets it go once the person or other dog etc is gone.

·
I AINT HARD TO FIND
7,624 Posts
Chino watches everything. Doesn't bark unless he gets really excited when playing or if its night time and something crawls by in front of the house. You pup just sounds more curious of her surroundings than anything.

·
Registered
170 Posts
My Max never barks.....unless my bf is wrestling him...and even then...he grumbles and whines.
I'm thankful I don't have a barker.
I don't think there's anything wrong with it.

·
Registered
795 Posts
My girls do the same.
They watch EVERYTHING!

They never bark though... Annie will occasionally if something startles her at night when she is going potty, but that's about it!

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Luna is the same way she is a watcher and I dont think I have ever heard her bark at someone , very rarely does she even bark at the other dogs. I wouldnt be concerned its not a bad thing , If you watch the body language you will see it change if things are about to get serious. I have noticed lunas change when cali is annoying her the hair raises and the ears change ect. but she dosnt bark.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts