Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I a quick question about registering my pit bull puppy I got for christmas:

if the sire is registered with the ADBA and the dam is registered with the APBR, is there any way I can transfer the dam's papers and get her registered with the ADBA? Having the parents registered in two different kennels has put me in a jam, and knowing that the ADBA is a more prestigious registry, I'd like to get my puppy registered there.

Any suggestions? :confused:

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
ask the dams owner if they can dual register the mom , I think both parents have to be with the same registry if im not mistaken. Would have to check if ADBA accepts APBR papers as well , im not too sure on that one.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,258 Posts
No the APBR is a bunk registry that "papers" dogs with nothing but a photo. The ADBA which is an actual registry doesn't recognize or value APBR "papers"

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The ADBA says:

"If the parents are not registered then you would need to go back further and all 4 grandparents will need to be registered, and if they arenot registered, then all 8 great grandparents need to be registered. You have to be able to trace your dogs pedigree back to registered dogs. Thereis no other way to get dogs registered with our company."

So looks like I have to get in contact with the owner of the dam and search her pedigree and hope that either all the grandparents or great grandparents are registered with the ADBA. :hammer:

They also said that they only accept transfers from the AKC and UKC.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.