Go Pitbull Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Indi is a little over 2 yrs old now, and she has started to develop some unwanted traits. She is fine with my other dog Kallie, indoor cats, and smaller dogs, but I have noticed that sometimes she will growl and lunge at larger dogs or dogs her own size. Certain people also cause her to bark, but not growl. She really dislikes a guy in my complex and his black lab, but other dogs and people she wants to play with. She hasn't actually gone after a dog, but my mom has a greyhound (that Indi had met before). When we went home for Christmas there first reintroduction ended with Indi snarling and going at, but not biting, the hound. After a few days they were fine, until the hound would get super excited and start running at Indi. She wouldn't attack, but do a warning growl, and sometimes they would just be standing there doing nothing and Indi would growl. She also freaks out at animals she see's when she is outside..I don't want to know what she would do to the stray cats, lizards, birds, or the horse statue she saw through the car window one day, if she got loose. From what I've seen she won't attack another dog, but I know if that dog got aggressive back I might have a problem on my hands. This is unusual, because some dogs she meets on walks she will immediately roll over on her back and submit. I know some pits develop DA overtime, is that what is? Or does it sound like it can be curbed before it gets worse?:confused:

Much thanks!

·
Proud CGC Parent
1,782 Posts
DA is DA, whether it's to smaller dogs or bigger dogs. Sounds like she's dog-selective, so you need to treat her as if she is aggressive to all dogs.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's just so weird, because her best friend for a long time was a dachshund and she would roll over and lick her, and the dachshund would roll around with her and chase her and Indi was just the nicest dog ever and she loves my mom's yorkies and her beagle (which if I would have guessed the dog she wouldn't get along with, it would be that one.) She just turns into a ball of mush. But I do monitor her closely now, and my dogs don't go to dog parks, so she won't be causing a problem unless we get attacked by a stray or someone's off leash dog, which several morons have around the apartments, ugh! I do make it a point to recognize my dog's poor behavior, because I have seen what happens when people ignore their pet's problems. I guess after 2 years it's just time to make some adjustments :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts