Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
iv been super busy and have not been able to go on the forum so i thought i would give a little update.

last time i posted i was conditioning my dog and working with her, she ended up hurting her leg super bad playing with my other pups, she was walking on 3 legs for what felt like forever and just recently got better.

so were starting are walking again taking it slow of course, and i plan on starting back up our conditioning routine again in a month or 2 when i know for sure her leg is 100% but for now im going on short walks with her and some swimming to build up some muscle on the leg like physical therapy.

thanks for reading

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Is she even two years yet? I wouldn't do any hard conditioning until she is over two. If she has a pre-existing injury that hasn't fully healed it is just going to keep getting worse if she is pulling weight. I would put her on some glucosamine and chondroitin supplements to help heal her joints/ligaments. Are you planning on doing WP with her? If so I would go as far as getting her hips, knees, and elbows done to see what kind of shape they are in and check for dysplasia. Anyways, Blondie looks good :) I was wondering where you have been ;)

·
GP's Dr. Phil
3,732 Posts
Injuries can happen. Make sure she takes it slow if the injury was that bad. Don't over do it. Learn your dog and know her limit. I would swim with her if you can. That should help a bunch.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts