Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I'm new to this forum and I am a proud first time owner of a pit bull! She's only 8 months or so and I'm told she's a rednose. She's the best dog I've ever had and apparently thinks I'm some kind of miracle. Anyway I've browsed through the forum and have seen some of the most beautiful dogs! It's kinda intimidating because they are all so beefy and filled out and my girl (beautiful as she is) is still kinda shrimpy. I love her regaurdless, don't ever get me wrong on that! I hope that, once I figure out how to load pictures up, you all can take a gander and tell me what you think! I would appreciate any breed specific tips as well. She's really not all that subborn and she's a submissive little cuddler, though I would like to know common health problems. Thanks and I hope to get to know all of you on this forum!

·
ACCOUNT CLOSED
5,701 Posts
Welcome! Don't be shy, we love all doggies here! We even have members with labs and various mixed breeds, pet bulls to american bullys! We love them all! I bet your girl is beautiful!

·
APBT!
9,594 Posts
Welcome to our pack, and I hope you enjoy your stay on our yard. Your little girl is pretty. Just a friendly tip, a red nose is only referring to the color of the dog's nose, not the bloodlines. She's definitely got a red nose, and she's a beautiful shade of red as well. Very good looking.

The best info can be found in our Training and Health & Nutrition sections. The only breed specific info we can pass on as a definitive is that this breed is prone to be dog and small animal aggressive, so please don't take her to dog parks and allow her to play off leash, mainly b/c of her breed, if something happens, whether she starts it or finishes it, she will be considered the guilty party, and that's something you want to avoid at all costs. I recommend also reading our Goldmine section. Plenty of info there for you as well.

Considering her age, I wouldn't recommend doing any strenuous work or training with her, aside from socialization and obedience. This breed does NOT make a good guard dog, though they are protective of family and property. Please don't confuse these two as they are very different.

Also, if you rent/lease your home, I hope your landlord doesn't have a breed specific policy as to what you can and can't have. For your security, I would recommend doing some home work on the laws and by-laws in your town and/or county, as well as state legislature on the breed. Get all the info you can now, so that you're prepared no matter what. If there are certain laws like required registration, spay/neuter, etc., you need to be aware of that immediately so you can follow proper protocol and not end up losing your dog later down the line b/c of not knowing about the laws. You also need to be aware if your city/county requires you to have liability insurance on this breed in the event of a bite, whether its accidental or otherwise. You can find out this array of information by contacting your local lawmakers, or maybe even your local courthouse or city hall. They can direct you to websites with the appropriate information you seek answers to regarding the laws in your area.

But, most importantly, love, respect, discipline, train and socialize your dog, and she will NOT fail you.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
welcome :)

·
Silver VIP Member
1,069 Posts
She isn't shrimpy! Now that I got that out of the way, welcome to GP!!
Your girl looks about the same size as mine, and Keira is almost 8 months old :D
(And Keira is nowhere near beefy, LOL)
Hope you stick around, this site is really enjoyable!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Welcome, nice dog.

·
Premium Member
11,010 Posts
wow she is a beautiful looking pup!! Welcome to the group :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts