Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the time has arrived that owners will start arriving to pick up their pups from here, I am saddened. This is a hard time every time because if I had my way I would keep everyone of the little suckers. SO on this thread I will be posting pictures of the puppies with their new owners as well as me and the parents of the dogs side by side. I hate this time because I have to start writing up bills of sale, loads of fun. I have a owner coming by shortly to get rez, so pics will follow.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Awwww , i hated that time too. Spend so much time with the pups its always sad to see an empty box at the end of it all. Hopefuly you have great homes who will bring them by for visits, thats one of the bonuses I look forward too , all the visits.

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
That's why I couldn't breed,I'd be wanting to keep them all and not only do I not have the room for that but my husband would kill me!

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well to inform you all of my pups go out on contract. I reserve the breeding rights or they have to be fixed and i have to be shown proof or they loose the dogs. also they have to update me every 3 months till the pup is a yr then every 6 months with pictures vet chcks and such or if applicable come by the yard, faiulre to do so results in loss of ownership and funds paid. they sighn em and they get a copy and i get one. Ill try and post up one of my contracts.

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well here you go i am going to try and get the contract the owners have to sighn when they take their pups. their is also a witness and a bill of sale. You will have to forgive any grammatical errors im no pro but i get my point across. also i will have pictures later im waiting on the guy to e mail them to me my i pad was dead at the time or i would already have some for you.

Dougless American Pit Bull Terriers
Breeding Right’s Contract.
I , Agree by signing this contract to abide by Mr. Dougless’s rules pertaining to breeding, spaying, and neutering said animal. Any dog produced at Dougless American Pit Bull Terrier kennels, will NOT be bred out to any other dog unless it has first been approved by Mr. Dougless with signed proof of the breeding to take place. Dougless Kennels reserves the right of ownership of breeding on every dog produced. If any intact male or female is bred out without Mr. Dougless’s signed consent, owner forfeits dog back to Dougless Kennels with no return of money for voiding the contract. If the owner Does not wish to have said dog bred, By signing this contract the owner binds themselves into having to have the said dog spayed or neutered at six months old not a month less. If proof of this isn’t shown to Mr. Dougless from a vet, then the owner must forfeit said dog back to Dougless Kennels with no return of money for voiding the contract. Upon signing the owner accepts they will have to maintain updates through pictures to Dougless Kennels, or coming if possible. Failure to do so will result in a breach of contract and loss of ownership and money paid for said dog. On this day / / / I agree to all terms and conditions set forth By Robert Dougless, Of Dougless American Pit Bull Terrier kennels. x

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
WOW! Your strict and I like it! It all looks good to me :) More APBT breeders need to be like you and make sure these dogs aren't being irresponsibly bred. Do you prefer placing your dogs in pet homes or would you prefer they go to working and show homes?

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
WOW that's an awesome contract and if I was given one from a place I wanted to get a pup from I would be so happy. Just to clarify, you don't want s/n before 6 months, but as long as they do not breed then can wait until they are 2 or 3 to do so? Just curious :)

I am sad as well, for selfish reasons, no more puppy pictures :( I don't know how you do it! Are you keeping any at this time?

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well i still have 7 here some owners want to wait a bit to let the pups have a little more time with mom as well as me, and all my dogs go to working homes. they are a little to intense without a job lol. and ames good point you made that is more of a scare tactic. they have to have the dog fixed tho im so picky who gets a pup from me its hard sometimes to let them go but i love to see the end results down the road.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Intense....I hear that! My girl jumped about 6 feet up a tree this afternoon after a squirrel! She's already got about a half dozen on her record lol! I run and walk her 5 miles at least 5 days a week....I would never get a pet that didn't fit my lifestyle or workout habits LOL! So that leads me to this question.....would you give a dog to a pet home like myself who was going to be active with the dog? I'm just using myself as an example and figured I'd pick your brain :roll: I'm a pet owner who believes in physical workouts daily for a dog because a dog needs an outlet for all that energy but people have different opinions on "work" when it comes to the APBT. I definitely wouldn't be doing any hog hunting living in the city.....or any hunting for that matter.

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yes you would be a good fit for one of my animals you would need to do tons of flirt and obedince and spring pole but from reading your post you do sound like a person that would fit one of my dogs perfectly. Tho my pup and you dog jus sayin would get along until this pup is about 7 8 months and then you would have to crate and rotate i guarentee hypothectically speaking that is. All of my dogs have da wickid like they are very obeident animals and can be controled dont get me wrong its just whats behind them ya know.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
yes you would be a good fit for one of my animals you would need to do tons of flirt and obedince and spring pole but from reading your post you do sound like a person that would fit one of my dogs perfectly. Tho my pup and you dog jus sayin would get along until this pup is about 7 8 months and then you would have to crate and rotate i guarentee hypothectically speaking that is. All of my dogs have da wickid like they are very obeident animals and can be controled dont get me wrong its just whats behind them ya know.
Oh yeah, I totally know what I would be in for owning two bulldogs. My next one would be a male and I have a two dog limit personally ;) So crate and rotate wouldn't be an issue. I've grown up with working dogs all my life and had nothing but K9 police GSD's. My grandfather was a police officer so we always had a working guard dog on premise :D. I won't be ready for another bulldog for a while but I just wanted to know if I would qualify as a "working" type home perse' seeing as how I keep my dogs in great shape and well excercised. I take my dogs needs seriously! Thanks for the input :) what bloodlines are your dogs?

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
both the parents of this litter are pp dogs as well i know there is a biased in the abpt world on this but my dogs do fine.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
both the parents of this litter are pp dogs as well i know there is a biased in the abpt world on this but my dogs do fine.
What bloodlines are they?

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
private pedigree of mine ive kept for awhile started when i got out of high school and out on my own. I have kept the line pure and outcrossed once i just went to my first registery recently. this is my 5th or 6th generation and ive worked most if not all of my produced dogs. I have been raised around very reputable dog men in the stock dog world as well as the bird dog world, bot hold national championships with dogs they have bred. I have had help from them along the line but am on my own now lol and have a definatle goal where i am going with my line. in a few more generations i will get a adba judge to come out and recognize but for now ill keep going how i am. If you would like i can post a ped of these pups.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts