Go Pitbull Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that my girl Miss Hannah has her TDI, we are job hunting. As An RN I have access to the hospitals and nursing homes but am not quite sure how to "Sell" the idea of pet therapy. For those of you that do it, any suggestions?

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
I take it that you do not hae any groups that already go around to the nursing homes? If I were you I would go in there armed with the litature that Theraphy Dog Inernational has out. I would also take my dog with me so they could see how well behaved she is. Make sure you have all of records with you so you can show them she is certified and has her shots and everything. I think it s easier to work with nursing homes and adult day services places. Good luck keep me posted I want to hear all about your success. :D

·
my crazy little mutt pack
3,272 Posts
i can't wait to get Lucy's TDI, i had just planned on calling the childrens hospitals and seeing where they would like me to go, and possibly bring her to retirment/nursing homes ext

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
Just curious. when calling, would most of you tell the people that the dog is a Pit Bull? I would think you would get more no's, even if you and the dog are certified.

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
Oh S, this is awesome news, I am so happy for you and Sharon hit it on the head, is what I had to do with Penny when we first got our TDI.

And jmejiaa - I did tell the people with the agency that she was a APBT and she told me that most ppl don't realize that, they are just happy to have the company. You do run into the occassional elderly or staff that is afraid of them as they know what they are but for the most part, the residents and staff alike love the dogs.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow! Now that I have rattled the bushes... I have found there are a LOT of opportunities!!! WOW!!! I checked at my full time job and the local library (both were very interested) and then hooked up with all the local organizations that do it too! wow! Some are Delta certified, and some aren't certified at all and then the organization through whom I took the test itself has it's own group that does it. Since I didn't go to their class, I didn' know that existed anyway...but hey we are ready with our papers!...Now if she could only drive herself....lol!

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
woo hoo I am so excited, would LOVE to see pics of y'all's visits, be proud of her, you two are doing great things, just like Sharon and POP

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
CGC/TDI and soon to be employed

my main girl!

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
awwww, look at that face, give her some love from me ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts