Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got her at just 8 weeks after she was rehomed or so they said. I saw an add on craigslist and wanted to save her from going somewhere terrible in the ghetto where her first owners were selling her.
I never asked any questions about the bloodline or the parents, i was just too excited to meet her! I grew up around some amazing dogs i had known to be pitbulls with or without papers and i know she looks like one to me.
People keep telling me she is a 'rednose' which i see many on here (GP) say is just a coat color? Could anyone elebrate and explain if she is really considered a rednose becuase i have read they cannot have blue eyes.
My main question here isnt to specify what bloodline she is per se, or even if she is or if red nose pits really exist, i want to know if she looks like both her parents were mostly pitbull.
I want to know if i should expect my dog to grow up looking half boxer for example...
I have heard some people mention her looking boxer-esque, but i think thats mostly from her color.
Also, isnt she adorable!

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sure does ! And a beauty. Reds, bluenose are the same bloodlines as every other pitbull with the exception certain colours are matched to get a desired look. I'd say yours looks like a blue but I'm no expert

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your opinion! I have been trying to read up online but i dont know how thouroughly i should trust certain websites!

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
Hi Aimeeshweet and welcome to GP! To answer your question there is no such thing as a "red nose" or "blue nose" pit bull. Many BYB (Back yard breeders) use these terms to make their dogs seem more "appealing" or "special" so people spend more money but saying your dog is a "red nose" means nothing more than my dog has a nose that is red. Does that make sense? Red and blue are coat colors for dogs and your sweet girl certainly is red but it has nothing to do with their noses. As for blue eyes, almost all puppies have blue eyes as babies and 90% at least will change as they grow older. My two reds have amber colored eyes, as many red dogs have.

She is definitely some type of bull breed mix, but what she may have in her is anyones' guess. Like you mentioned, without papers, there is no way to know but she sure is one pretty girl!

Good for you for knowing that there's a lot of misinformation out there. This is a great site for information. All the regulars and definitely the mods, have years of experience with these breeds and know their stuff! Everyone is very helpful and always willing to help those seeking to learn. What did you name your pretty girl?

~Jess

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
Sure does ! And a beauty. Reds, bluenose are the same bloodlines as every other pitbull with the exception certain colours are matched to get a desired look. I'd say yours looks like a blue but I'm no expert
Hey there Flux. There are no such things as red/blue noses pit bulls and there are MANY different bloodlines associated with the different bull breeds. You will hear speak of OFRN (Old Family Red Nose - my personal favorite), Colby, Bolio, Carver, Hemphill - all common bloodlines of true American Pit Bull Terriers. Depending on where you're looking you will see a lot of Razor's Edge, Gotti, Miagi - there are all American Bully lines.

Hope that's helpful.

~Jess

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
Hey there Flux. There are no such things as red/blue noses pit bulls and there are MANY different bloodlines associated with the different bull breeds. You will hear speak of OFRN (Old Family Red Nose - my personal favorite), Colby, Bolio, Carver, Hemphill - all common bloodlines of true American Pit Bull Terriers. Depending on where you're looking you will see a lot of Razor's Edge, Gotti, Miagi - there are all American Bully lines.

Hope that's helpful.

~Jess
oh how i wish i could keep one of each! but i'm sucker for an old Gaff dog. hard to find now.

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
You and me both Jo! Seems all of the true older game lines are hard to find and are more selectively adopted out - not that that part is a bad thing!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts