Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 10x10 chain link pen for Bullet in my back yard, and it works great for him. It's been pretty rainy most of the week so I haven't been putting him in it, but it got sunny this afternoon so I put him out to play for a while. His normal toys were in there, and he went right to thrashing around on his tire and was a happy boy. :) Well, I went out there about a half hour later, and someone had thrown a foam/rubbery ball in there, and he had EATEN half of it. :curse: My neighbors were in the field behind my yard with their kids and 3 puppies (little terrors, might I ad! Supposedly pit/husky/rott mix) so I approached them to ask if they threw it in there. Of course, they were immediately defensive about it, asking me why I was "attacking them" (lol) even though I was totally calm at that point in time. I explained that I was just asking, because they are the only ones out there and the ball wasn't in his pen a half hour ago. Meanwhile, their dogs are jumping all over me and they don't give a :poop: and aren't even lifting a finger to correct it. When I walked away, all three dogs followed me, and they just sat there yelling their names. The pups followed me all the way back to my house (at least 50 yards) and one of the puppies ran in front of my house, going towards the road (and the idiot owners are still sitting out in the field, yelling their names). So I ran after him, scooped him up, walked him back to the owners, and said "and that's why you keep puppies on a leash, if I hadn't grabbed him he would have gotten hit by a car!" I was heated at that point, so I just turned and walked away. These are the same neighbors whose dogs are never restrained and are always dropping their #2's in MY yard. And to put the icing on the cake, they have an aggressive black lab that charges at Bullet and I every time I take him outside. GRRRRRR!!!!! OK, rant over. lol

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Let Bullet out next time! Only joking. I hate inconsiderate neighbours.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Let Bullet out next time! Only joking. I hate inconsiderate neighbours.
LOL! I've thought about it.... but I won't of course. I'm pretty sure his dumb butt would probably just try to play, he's never shown any DA, but then again you never know what could happen at any moment. :hammer:

·
Jr MEMBER
1,309 Posts
I've been holding back some rants myself dealing with idiots. My dog is DA and there was a loose dog at the park. The guy wouldn't keep his dog away, didn't seem to care. And the dog wasn't going away when I yelled. So I sprayed it before it got close.
He threatened to call the cops. -_- I should have told him to call, he would have gotten in trouble for not having his dog leashed. Be happy I didn't kick your dog dude, or worse, let my dog tear into him.
(Mini rant)

And not to mention neighbors throwing cooked bones into my backyard.:mad:

And it's always me being calm and them freaking out....Why can nobody talk in a civil way?

I feel your frustration. ;)

·
Super Moderator
4,638 Posts
OMG! I feel you. I went camping there were signs EVERYWHERE about keeping dogs leashed and contained. I brought a tie out for when I would be with Ecko in the campsite, a long line for hikes, and a normal leash for short jaunts to pee and such. There were loose dogs EVERYWHERE. I spent most of my camping trip controlling Ecko and his need to get a hold of the loose dogs. The owners saw his reaction to their dogs and still didn't reel them in. idiots.

·
15 wins 3 losses
461 Posts
Ahh! I feel your frustration! I get so frustrated with clueless people that when I get home I literally just go "GGGGRRRRR!!!" Lol

People not in control of their dogs is a top peeve of mine. I have a lady around the corner who walks her dogs off leash near my house. Never once do I see a leash in her hands. Her dogs are out running constantly and Whit and I encounter them quite often. Dumb lady is a postal worker too. You'd think she would know something about loose dogs and trouble going hand in hand. Smh..

Have you maybe brought something up to the kids' parents?

And about the little terrors pooping in your yard.. *cough* paintball gun *cough* ;)

·
GP's Dr. Phil
3,732 Posts
I'm glad our homes have a good amount of space between them and I don't have to worry about that. Besides, my GS won't allow anyone on the property.

But I agree with PK- you can't fix stupid.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Have you maybe brought something up to the kids' parents?

And about the little terrors pooping in your yard.. *cough* paintball gun *cough* ;)
That's the thing..... it WAS the parents I talked to, the kids were with them!!!! :curse: The paintball gun is a good idea, I do own one... hmmm.... lol. I've only been able to catch the little buggers a few times, but I know any other time I find poo in my yard, it's them, because Bullet is either on his runner or in his pen, and when he's on the runner he only goes in one spot. And his are considerably larger than all the other ones I find all around the yard... lol. If these people don't control their dogs soon, I'm going to call AC, because there is technically a leash law here...

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
GRRRRR!!!

So at 5 am this morning, I woke up to Bullet heaving and puking in his kennel, and what he puked up was something brown and rubbery, much like the inside rubber of a tennis ball. He has had no access to anything like this as I keep any tennis balls in the car for playtime at the beach only. He was in his outdoor pen yesterday for the afternoon, and the only thing I can think of is that one of the neighbors threw a freakin ball or something in there again. I've had enough, I'm going door to door tonight to talk to all of our neighbors about this. I was talking to my boss' son about it too, and he said they have some extra chain-link fencing laying around that I can have to put over the top of the pen, and I'm going to put a lock on the door too. I'm tired of people throwing stuff in there and my dog eating it (because he eats anything) and having to clean up the after effects of him eating random crap. aaaarrrrrrrgggghhhhh! Ok, rant over. :mad:

·
Registered
73 Posts
its a real sad situation when a responsible dog owner has togo through so much trouble cause of others carelessness but that seems to be how bit goes ,id like to give you a pat on the back for how your handleing it im not sure i could be so nice

·
Registered
411 Posts
Maybe their dog could use a little more fish oil in it's diet? I'm sure they wouldn't mind getting up repeatedly through the night to let the dog out. Or cleaning up the "accidents".

Just joking actually - the poor dog doesn't deserve it. I was just thinking back to the time I made the mistake of giving Rufus some ShedX. Suddenly excess dog hair was the least of my worries.

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
I totally agree with you. I hate when owners of their loose dogs look at me like I have something wrong with me when I ask them to leash their dogs when I approach. Sometimes Gargamel is totally fine with some dogs, others not so fine, I don't really want to see which he is and the stupid people don't seem to understand that. I actually had someone tell me I was stupid for getting a dog that had to be on a leash. ummm ALL dogs are supposed to be leashed! grrrrr

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,258 Posts
I get so mad around here when people just can't properly handle their animals!

·
yea, i'm that guy
2,445 Posts
loose dogs all over my neighborhood.. mostly small ones that squeeze though their gates..

i was so proud of Daisy earlier.. i took her for a walk and a little pit/small dog mix was loose and started barking at Daisy then rushed us.. Daisy didnt even flinch.. she went to sniff but i told her "lets go" .. stupid dog was trailing behind about 2 feet.. Daisy didnt give it a second look.. now if it was Diesel or Dre, they would have been going Ape S#$^ over that dog.. lol..

·
Banned
28 Posts
god this reminds me of my stupid neighbors :mad:
they have these two big lab/poodle (i asume) mix dogs that they let run a muck around the neighborhood, which didnt bug me too much up until about a few weeks ago these two stupid poodle mixes attacked a chow mix while i was taking a walk ( thank god i was by myself and not with my pitty) so i had to get in the middle of these 3 big dogs and break up a fight. so now everytime i walk my dog i feel un easy that they will both attack her. and her being a pitbull will most likley get all the heat even if shes defending herself.
AANND on top of that they are always walking around on my property driving my dogs insane. As much as these 2 mutts get on my nerves i cant help but feel bad when its poring rain outside :rain: and these idiots dont even have the heart to atleast let them in the garage or somthing. i swear some people should not be able to own animals. :stick:

·
SASSY MINX
3,473 Posts
Seems the pups reacted to your sense of leadership & were following after you for guidence.

As for bad neighbors I can relate... Not to take from your story, but today, a group of boys close to teen years decide to HOP my newly built fence & purposefully trespass in my yard.

Luckily, to my dismay, the GOOD next door neighbor came outside & seemed as PO'd as I felt yelling at them in spanish. I didn't realize kids had crossed into my yard until my dogs started barking hysterically, looked outside & saw the group of kids (at least 5 kids) staring inside my home.

Are kids not taught discipline or respect anymore?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts