Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well yesterday was a really nice day around the house an dI thought to myslef, lets let the youngn's play. SO I let Charlie and Goose tear through the country side. All was going well until Rooster showed up. We have a game rooster that just runs around our house and pastures and well, he showed up at the wrong time. Goose could care less but when Charlie saw something run from her, chase was on! It was a bit comical as the rooster is not used to being pushed but he quickly got to scrambling. He ducked under a cowpanel and Charlie crashed head first into it never slowing down. Eventually she got ahold of the tail feathers about the time I was reaching down to get her. Next second she had the rooster in her mouth but I grabbed her collar with one hand, trapped her body with my legs at the same time reached down grabbind her nose and hooking my fingers in her teeth. I pried her jaw open and rooster was GONE!!!! She just sat there looking at me like, WHAT, caughing up a mouthfull of feathers!!!!

·
Registered
536 Posts

·
15 wins 3 losses
461 Posts
Hahaha that's funny! Definitely made me smile and its good Charlie let go :)

Reminds me of a story with my old dog Cuddles who was an Amstaff/Pit mix. My little sister just got a couple parakeets from a family friend. They were trained to walk out of their cage and when one of them did, my boy just scooped one up in his mouth! It was like a cartoon because all you see are tail feathers sticking out and 2 tiny feet wiggling lol!! I yelled at him to drop it and he just spat the little parakeet out and that little bird just wobble all over like a drunk covered in dog spit lol hahaha!

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
LOL wat a downer you are killin his fun lol . my girls hate birds as well lol calm as anything until a bird appears then they are crazy . do roosters have 9 lives as well ? lol pretty sure he used most of them up today.

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Oh man! Nitro has done this with a dove except the dove wasn't so lucky. It had wandered in the back door one day while the dogs were asleep. I was trying to quietly herd it back out but it freaked out and Nitro woke up and just snatched it out of the air just as it was taking off. It was immediately dead unfortunately. As soon as he did it he dropped it and walked away because it wasn't moving anymore.

·
Premium Member
4,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I kinda pryed his jaws open with my hands. The rooster was used to our heeler, he might chase if for a while but it usually floggs the dog and thats it. There was no flogging Charlie!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts