Go Pitbull Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to talk to the prisoners about pit bulls. They have a program called "Jail Dogs" where the inmates get dogs ready for adoption. They have 3 pit bulls in the program right now. I took lil Peanut with me too :)

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
Awesome! Didn't know Gwinnett had that program. Blah... Gwinnett is such an awful jail too (not that any of them are great ;)) lol I am impressed that they have that program though very cool pics!

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Awesome! Love how they have those programs in jails. Its positive for both dog and inmate :)

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
thats awesome , what a great program those are helps the dogs and inmates at the same time. great pictures.

Reactions: pitbullmamanatl

·
Registered
411 Posts
I agree with everyone who has already said it - what an awesome program!

I have a friend who runs a horse rescue and she expanded her program from strictly horses to a community outreach sort of thing several years ago. She runs daycamps, 4H club stuff and programs where juvenile offenders, foster kids, and developmentally disabled kids get to spend time at her stables. It's great for the horses who usually arrive in pretty rough shape and need all the TLC and attention they can get and great for the kids who need to feel useful and able to bond with an animal who doesn't judge them like a person might.

I see nothing but positive in letting inmates prepare these dogs for adoption. It must feel great to have something to do, to get a sense of accomplishment and have a dog just accept you and be glad to see you. Therapeutic for the dogs and the inmates.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts