Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
yea, i'm that guy
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Daisy has had a little cough for a couple months now.. i figured it was the summer heat, but after she's been inside in the A/C for a while she still breathes kinda fast, like she's still panting .. i thought it might be heart worm since i've read that it affects the lungs first.. but the vet said that we don't have much heart worm here in Bakersfield.. she thought it might be Valley Fever, so they did a blood test and gave her some Tetracycline to take for the next 10 days.. should hear back in about 4 days w/ the result of the blood test... will post what she says then.. :(

keep your fingers crossed

·
my crazy little mutt pack
3,272 Posts
i will keep her in my preyers, hope the test turn out well

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
They should still do a snap test for heart worms, and have them check her heart too to make sure it sounds good. If the blood work doesn;t show anything then you could try taking x-rays in the lungs and make sure they are clear. I hope the antibiotics work for you and it is nothing major! ;)

·
APBT!
9,589 Posts
I'm so sorry sweetie, but I'll keep Daisy in my prayers and thoughts for you. I do hope that it's something simple that the Tetracycline will clear up. Definitely, please keep us updated.

·
yea, i'm that guy
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
other than the panting after she's calmed down and the occasional cough, she acts and eats fine.. plenty of energy

if the blood test comes up clear then i'll finish up the antibiotics and see how things are from there.. but if they took blood they should be able to see if there is heart worm there right?

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Hope all goes well!

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
they have to do a separate test for heart worms not just the regular blood work like a CBC will show it. How is she doing now? I don't know if you saw my other thread here about Monsoon but he did the same thing and it was just a virus that lasted several days then cleared up. I hope the same for you!

·
Registered
771 Posts
I hope all gets well!!

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Oh no poor girl. I hope she starts feeling better soon. I'll totally keep my fingers crossed for you :)

·
yea, i'm that guy
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the vet called today and said she had elevated liver values, and that her white blood cell count is normal.. still waiting on results of the valley fever test

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Aww I really hope she will be ok. Let is know when you get the update k.

·
yea, i'm that guy
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
most definitely

1 - 13 of 13 Posts