Go Pitbull Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am so irritated. I always take Alexa to petsmart to get her nails grinded because then they don't rip me to shreds lol...but anyway i walked in today and they said "oh shes a pit mix, we don't accept them" and i said "you've always done them before" and she said "well we are sticking strictly to city ordinances now"......what a load of BS...cant even get a dogs nails done somewhere or groomed...its ridiculous and i have read all the city ordinances....no where does it say that stores cant provide goods or services to pit bulls....crazy....anyway just had to rant.

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
I would call corporate and the city, print out the city ordinances and take it back after you have talked to corporate office of Petsmart. Get a dremmel and do it yourself as well. SOrry girl. Hugs

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would call corporate and the city, print out the city ordinances and take it back after you have talked to corporate office of Petsmart. Get a dremmel and do it yourself as well. SOrry girl. Hugs
I just had the vet office do it (in the same store) do it. the petshotel there still accepts pits...only the salon doesnt. ridiculous

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
id call corporate as well.

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
CALL CORPORATE! they deserve to be pestered and annoyed for descriminating against you

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
You should def. make a call. That is total BS!!!! They are going to deny you service when you have always been a good customer? What sense does that make? Man now I wanna call and yell at em for you grrrrrr!!!!!

·
Bull Headed
1,247 Posts
SHE WAS LAZY, money is money. please do make a call to corp and management. also did you tell her it was a pit mix or did she say that all by herself?

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You should def. make a call. That is total BS!!!! They are going to deny you service when you have always been a good customer? What sense does that make? Man now I wanna call and yell at em for you grrrrrr!!!!!
Im going to. yes they are..she has been nothing but good for them..it makes no sense

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SHE WAS LAZY, money is money. please do make a call to corp and management. also did you tell her it was a pit mix or did she say that all by herself?
Im gonna call. she said "oh is that a pit mix" i said shes a mix yea...and she said they couldnt accept her.

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
That pisses me off. It's good old fashion racism at its finest :curse:
Sorry you had to deal with this ignorance :(

·
my crazy little mutt pack
3,272 Posts
Let us know how that call goes lol

·
Bull Headed
1,247 Posts
when you call just tell them the dogs a mutt and you dont know what the breeds that were mixed where and that you where descriminated against shes a dog groomer not a breed expert.

·
Banned
3,357 Posts
Our Petsmart has no issues clipping pit bulls nails,but I had an issue with a worker there and a snide remark I got about my "vicious dogs" I took it to their page on FB,and Corporate actually contacted me and the store.
They take stuff like that very seriously.

Also if they feel endangered they can just muzzle the dog. That is what they did to Bruno cause they didn't have proof of his "shots" Which was also BS cause I had been there tons of times,the new chick was just scared of Bruno.

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
That's BS that people act so stupid. I mean obviously people wouldn't take in a dog that was aggressive to people. And dang it's just a nail clip what's the big deal?

·
Bull Headed
1,247 Posts
That's BS that people act so stupid. I mean obviously people wouldn't take in a dog that was aggressive to people. And dang it's just a nail clip what's the big deal?
new chick probably clipped the quik a few times and was scared i cant really blame her...but every one thinks these dogs are dam people eaters its ridiculous

wait they do the pedipaw thing there dont they?

·
Registered
798 Posts
Go a step a head of them and complain. I complained ones about them and got a $10 gift card, not that big of a deal I know.
Try Petco they say that if your not happy its free. I know they accept any breed
EDIT
Even if she was scared there is no point in not telling the truth about it. Also if your going to be such a whimp that you chicken out, when a non-agressive dog comes in; well then she shouldnt be working in that area at all, now should she?

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
It was probably a misinformed clerk. Did you make that call? I would start with a store manager and work my way up from there. They may even give you free stuff if you suggest you might take your complaints public.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts