Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my bon was a pit puppy that i took home a bit over 11 years ago. i was so increadibly proud of her (and myself) for the ease of her upbringing and how she matured into a wonderful, wonderful dog. not sure if i got lucky, if i was a good daddy, or if she just met me half way, but she was a sweet, sweet angel.

out of nowhere, my very healthy 11 year old "puppy" went into convulsions on the evening of april 26th. unforfunately, the local vet could not be bothered, and sent us an hour and fifteen minutes away. sadly, i couldn't get bon to the 24 hour vet on time, and she died in my truck.

being so healthy, yet mature, i was not prepared for the loss (and finality) of my "sweet puppy." i could have never imagined the pain and sorrow that i have endured the last 2 weeks.

for all of you that read this, just remember...you can never have too many "puppy kisses." i now realize how very sad that life is. i miss my baby so much!! she was the bestest!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
Hey bonliveson
So sorry to hear of your loss.It's never easy to say goodby.Just be thankfull for the 11 years she gave in return.
RIP
Thank you,
Henry
ps,,the hole pets leave in our hearts is not to make us sad-rather it's so they have a small piece of us to help them with their journey.

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
I can not imagine your pain and what you are going through. Poor Pup do they know what happened? Such a sad shock to go through I am glad you were there are the end with your girl. RIP. I know people always say its too hard and they could never imagine another dog. None will ever replace your girl but having a routine and a goofy puppy to help make you laugh again in times of pain helps heal too.

Leather man that PS is great.

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
Rip .. im so sorry for your loss

·
Diggin' Deep
5,194 Posts
:( I am so sorry. She is a beautiful girl!

·
APBT!
9,589 Posts
She was a beautiful girl. I extend my deepest condolences to you during your time of pain and suffering. I do hope that your pain is eased with time, and that you continue your membership here, as you're still welcome in the pack and on our yard.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss may your puppy RIP I went thru a loss just last August with my puppy that was almost 13.

My wife took it the hardest but let me tell you can never replace her but another puppy can bring so much joy

I ended up jumping in and getting one in September and he's ten months now and just last month I got another puppy.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i want to thank you all for your condolences and kind thoughts, i really appreciate that. i only wish i'd found this site sooner. the craziest thing is, about the only thing that has helped me cope is my job, which i pretty much hate...but the distraction has been beneficial.

and to the poster that asked what happened, i don't know. and to all of you, make sure your pups get tons of kisses!

·
Registered
114 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss....and I agree, get all the puppy kisses you can.

I lost my boxer on New years day, and know how you feel. He was 11 years old, and had started a gradual decline earlier in the year, so it wasn't sudden. He had a deformed lower jaw, and couldn't really give kisses because of this. My new pup, though i the kissiest dog I've ever had. My husband says that he's giving us all the kisses Charlie never could.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm so sorry for your loss....and I agree, get all the puppy kisses you can.

I lost my boxer on New years day, and know how you feel. He was 11 years old, and had started a gradual decline earlier in the year, so it wasn't sudden. He had a deformed lower jaw, and couldn't really give kisses because of this. My new pup, though i the kissiest dog I've ever had. My husband says that he's giving us all the kisses Charlie never could.
sorry to hear about your loss, but glad you found a new friend! unfortunately, my work schedule is not conducive to training a pup and ensuring that she would be a well adjusted dog, so until i find someone that can help me out, i am going to have to roll alone. for now, it's fine, 'cause i'm certainly not ready, anyway. good luck, and enjoy your pup!

·
Registered
114 Posts
sorry to hear about your loss, but glad you found a new friend! unfortunately, my work schedule is not conducive to training a pup and ensuring that she would be a well adjusted dog, so until i find someone that can help me out, i am going to have to roll alone. for now, it's fine, 'cause i'm certainly not ready, anyway. good luck, and enjoy your pup!
I understand that; it took me a couple of months before I could even look at a brindle dog again without tearing up.

You'll know when the right new friend finds you. In the meantime, my crew sends you a hug and some puppy kisses.

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
that's why you rescue an older dog who doesn't eat your stuff and can hold their bathroom breaks :) and is still fun to train, old dogs CAN learn new tricks no matter what you have heard :) If I lost my pup I would miss him so much, but I would also miss the walks and time we spend together.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i understand the nobility of rescuing a dog, but if i were going to get another companion, i'd likely go the pup route. i'm just guessing that the bond would be stronger. and i know that dogs are unpredictable, but i knew my pup pretty well. i always chuckled inside when strangers would ask if my bon bites :). she made me so proud, that girl!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts