Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Neighbor showed up this morning with two nice lookin blue doggies, neither are fixed, can you say byb?

Currently beefing up my side of the fence, Toby don't like the male.

So much for lots of things.....pretty annoyed right now.

Have a nicer day than I'm having lol

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
I dont see the problem ,if there is a fence the neighbor is more then in the right to have whatever dog he wants , I couldnt say anything if my neighbor decided to get a pitbull or lil yapy dog its there right. We still do lots of things with our dogs in the yard when hte neighbors dogs are out its what a fence is for. If the fence isnt stable then time to fix it up see if the neighbor is up to splitting the cost to redo the fence line thats usually how it goes. As long as he isnt letting his dogs run free on your property there shouldnt be an issue.

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
Hopefully your neighbor is responsible. I was on the other side of the issue. Both neighbors on either side had little yippy dogs and were not to pleased when I brought my boy home. Oh well, I make sure I am responsible and they let their dogs lose to pee all over my herbs. No fun, but I am sure it will all be OK in the end. Just watch your pup and all is good.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hopefully your neighbor is responsible. I was on the other side of the issue. Both neighbors on either side had little yippy dogs and were not to pleased when I brought my boy home. Oh well, I make sure I am responsible and they let their dogs lose to pee all over my herbs. No fun, but I am sure it will all be OK in the end. Just watch your pup and all is good.
There's more to it than him bringin home a couple APBT. No supervision, no leash free to roam.

Just gonna do my part with my yard and my dog and wait to see how long before AC shows up.

Previously we had discussed the issues of him bringing home a couple his dogs. The male is DA, the female borderline DA. Seems that any agreement about beefing up the shared fence has gone out the window. At one point he asked me to take the female. I told him I'd considerate it, but she would have to be fixed. He balked, I asked about papers and there aren't any so I told him she comes on my side of the fence it's off to the vet.

His reply was c'mon man my male will end up hurting my female. I replied I got an extra crate you can borrow, crate n rotate.

Theres more but I think ya get the gist lol.

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
ugh, horrible, good luck! That's a sucky situation all around!!

·
my crazy little mutt pack
3,272 Posts
There's more to it than him bringin home a couple APBT. No supervision, no leash free to roam.

Just gonna do my part with my yard and my dog and wait to see how long before AC shows up.

Previously we had discussed the issues of him bringing home a couple his dogs. The male is DA, the female borderline DA. Seems that any agreement about beefing up the shared fence has gone out the window. At one point he asked me to take the female. I told him I'd considerate it, but she would have to be fixed. He balked, I asked about papers and there aren't any so I told him she comes on my side of the fence it's off to the vet.

His reply was c'mon man my male will end up hurting my female. I replied I got an extra crate you can borrow, crate n rotate.

Theres more but I think ya get the gist lol.
Oh I learned don't tell them you'll fix em, just take them and get it done with idiots like that! There to stupid to know the difference anyway

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
So, yesterday there were at least 3 scuffles, and the male got out. At one point I grabbed a lead and went and brought the male back. Too many people walk their softer breeds by my house. I couldn't knowingly sit on my arse while he was loose.

I have settled down since yesterday, but nothing good is going to come of this.

Toby won't eat, just paces everywhere with hair standing on end. Potty breaks are just him peeing on the fence and pacing the fence line. Won't listen, won't come when called. I have to get him to sit, and put a lead on him to get him back in the house.

I could go over all the what ifs and the I'm gonna do this and that, but what's the point. I can't do much until his dogs endanger my yard or my family. Neither of which I hope happens.

I despise two things in life, cops and animal control. Never had a positive experience with either.

Hopefully this is an adjustment phase, it's gonna drive me crazy before it's over and it's goin to get worse before it's better.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Oh see I was under the impression that the neighbor just brought a couple pups home and you were upset cause they were that breed and didnt want them barking at the fence ect , didnt realize the owner was like that. he offered you the female? If you took her and found a home for her would he be mad? is it a chain link fence on your property line? ever thought of running a hotwire along it? may keep him off your side of the fence . we have the same thing our dogs and the neighbors dogs always at the fence barking and stuff always gotta chase them off. teh way ours is set up though its like a garden there so gonna put a lil fence there and some more shrubs and what not to keep the distance back 2 feet or so , just keeps them off the new fence { ours arent as bad as the neighbors they have scratched the new fence up on there side} funny thing is the dogs all get along when out on leashes the fence just seems to irritate them .

·
Registered
798 Posts
well with the lack of info you have given we are unable to tell if they are registered, I dont see how you have a right to bash them : /

Also its everyones right to have what ever type of dog they want. Its like someone going to these great pit bull owners on here, saying bull crap that they shouldnt be owning it because they have a yappy dog or children....

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well with the lack of info you have given we are unable to tell if they are registered, I dont see how you have a right to bash them : /

Also its everyones right to have what ever type of dog they want. Its like someone going to these great pit bull owners on here, saying bull crap that they shouldnt be owning it because they have a yappy dog or children....
Never once did I state or imply anything about anyone's right to have a specific breed APBT, Am Staff or anything else for that matter and I have not bashed anyone.

Dont know if they have a ped or not. I would venture to say there's no paperwork. My dogs a rescue plain and simple. I can't afford a ped ABPT so I leave the peds to those who know better than I do. That and I wouldnt know a reputable breeder if it bit my butt.

I rescued because my dog mutt or not gets the same negative publicity that revolves around the breed of dogs I love. So, in my mind ped or not there is one less dog on the street causing problems and that's my contribution to the breed.

There are no "great pit bull" owners here. I have yet to run across a complete pure bred snob on these forums. Doesn't mean they aren't lurkin, just aint met one yet.

Thank you for your reply, I got a good chuckle out of it. Keep in mind I'm not flame spraying, I'm a very direct person.

No, I don't have chain link. The partition between the yards is a six foot wooden privacy fence, everything else is cinder block and 8 ft tall.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts