Go Pitbull Dog Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
Yes, please register him with the ABKC and I think you should try him out in the ring. He is a beautiful dog. I would register him ASAP as the ABKC will no longer be accepting single registrations as of mid year 2012 thus all dogs must be ABKC registered or have ABKC registered parentage. You should take him to a couple of bully shows so you can check out the scene and have an idea of what it is like. I was wondering if you have a link to his actual pedigree online because I would really like to look at it. Like I said, his history says he is Am Bully, but I think he will have a lot more drive than you might expect and will most definitely be taller. Good luck and let me know if you have any more questions. :)
Also, are his ears cropped or are they naturally like that? @ what you said about BSL in your town.... Stay vigilant of what is going on because when it comes to BSL it doesn't matter if it is an APBT or an AM Bully because they are one in the same in their eyes. Most places, such as Ohio classify any dog as being a pit bull if it has the flowing characteristics: a short, squatty body, a large, flat head, a muscular neck, and a protruding jawbone. The problem with this description is that it could fit any dog.

Registering with the ABKC

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I Will scan the pedigree and post as soon as I get home. We did get his ears cropped... Is there something wrong with them? His tips curl a little bit but we have taped ad taped and they curl right back up up. Got the show cut.

I would love to show him but he has a slight underbite... From what I've read isn't that not good? Also Mississippi doesn't have much of anything so I don't know where to even begin...

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
I Will scan the pedigree and post as soon as I get home. We did get his ears cropped... Is there something wrong with them? His tips curl a little bit but we have taped ad taped and they curl right back up up. Got the show cut.

I would love to show him but he has a slight underbite... From what I've read isn't that not good? Also Mississippi doesn't have much of anything so I don't know where to even begin...
Bully Shows Somewhat Close to You

Louisiana Bayou Bully Expo 2
Saturday, May 28, 2011
Recreation District#1
Mandeville, LA 70448For More Information:
985-246-9102
Judges: Ron Ramos & Rolando Mata
STD/XL/P/CLS/EX

and

Branch Brothers Kennel Presents LA Bayou Bully Classic
Saturday, February 26, 2011
Lamar Dixon Center
9039 S. Saint Landry Ave
Gonzales, LA STD,XL,P,CL,EX,SB
For more information:
504-931-5392
Judge: TBA

I don't know how close these are to you.

Yes, an underbite is a fault that a dog can be penalized for; however, it is not a disqualification in the show ring.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
well the pedigree is way to big to scan so i have put in an order to have one emailed to me. i will post as soon as i get it.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I generally say its realy only in the first four gens that are worth reading for the future. Crenshaw and Hall were old dogmen who were into the matching of dogs back in the day. All of the line names you mentioned first up would obviously be the first few and they are all American Bully lines. Alot of the bullys when started were all ADBA regd as they all descended from ADBA APBT , these days the real Bully fanciers [the ones that care] do not reg their dogs with the ADBA, , the bully is now its own breed and should respectfully be treated that way, we dont have bullys in my country so i cant realy help you much about the bullys you have but i am sure there are lots of members here who can tell you everything you need to know. The smart thing to do would be to check out the Bully 101 section and i think there may even be a threrad on gotti and a razors edge thread aswell. They will also say that you should maybee consider changing the registration of your dog over to the American Bully registration as that is what will also help the breed stand up on its own four legs, andif you decided to show ect will help you get points under that name.

To make it easy you have an AMerican Bully and not an American Pit Bull Terrier.
There are tons of people here that would love to help you enjoy the site.
wow ur on a roll...great posting bro :clap::clap::clap:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Administrator/My%20Documents/My%20Word/Cayla/cayla/7GenPedigreeBentley.pdf

this may work if copied and pasted into search bar

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Administrator/My%20Documents/My%20Word/Cayla/cayla/7GenPedigreeBentley.pdf

this may work if copied and pasted into search bar
Open a new tab and bring up the pedigree. Select the link in the search bar, right click, and select copy. Then go to the reply part of this thread and you will see font option buttons and another button with a globe. Click the globe and hit ctrl+v which pastes the link in the box and click ok. Then click submit and it should work. The link you posted looks like the link of the temp file it is stored in on your computer.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited)
Open a new tab and bring up the pedigree. Select the link in the search bar, right click, and select copy. Then go to the reply part of this thread and you will see font option buttons and another button with a globe. Click the globe and hit ctrl+v which pastes the link in the box and click ok. Then click submit and it should work. The link you posted looks like the link of the temp file it is stored in on your computer.
when they sent me the pedigree the only sent the pdf so i'm having trouble figuring out how to open it up on the internet. When i right click on it and tell it to open with firefox it gives me the address i posted before...

I'm feel really dumb at the moment

21 - 32 of 32 Posts