Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new here and just wanted to say hi. I've had a couple of pits in my life, my last little guy gave us 13 long years and is sorely missed. I got another one this last September and he is doing great. He's really starting to develop his personality these last couple of months and it's been fun. I've used this site for lots of good info on everything from diet to training, figured I would sign up finally.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Welcome :) This is a great place to be educated on how to be a responsible owner of this breed as well as nutrition, behavior, and training ;) Hope you stay around and share some pics when you get a chance :D

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Here are a couple of pictures of him. His name is Roman:

He's currently 5.5 months old and growing like a weed. He weighed in at 45lbs last week, hoping he won't get much bigger then 60-65lbs. Either way, he's a blast to have around, super high energy and drive which I love. I'll start him on a none weighted drag sled in a couple of months and then into weight pull once he's about 18-24 months or so. Hoping to get this little guy his Ace or Possibly his A/A title, with some hard work he should get there. Not sure if he would do well in the show ring since he doesn't quite fit the ADBA standard (going to be a little thicker and heavier), but we may give it a try and see how he does.

Here he is at 3 months:

First snow and doing what he does best (sleep):

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Welcome to the forum :), reminds me of our big red boy loki when he was a pup. Hopefully yours behaves better then mine did at that age lol.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome :) This is a great place to be educated on how to be a responsible owner of this breed as well as nutrition, behavior, and training ;) Hope you stay around and share some pics when you get a chance :D
Yeah it's loaded with some great info. I've been around the APBT my whole life, just didn't own one personally until 1997. I wouldn't own any other breed to be honest and when my last boy passed on, our house didn't feel complete without one. Roman is fitting in nicely, looking forward to many fun years ahead.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome to the forum :), reminds me of our big red boy loki when he was a pup. Hopefully yours behaves better then mine did at that age lol.
He is very well behaved for the most part. He still tries to challenge us, but he is learning his place in the pack. He has all the basic commands down (Sit, stay, down etc.) I've also taught him to beg, shake, high five, speak etc. He walks like a champ on the leash, never pulling unless I tell him to and sticks to my left side for the most part. Potty training was a challenge at first, unlike my last one. Roman would mess his crate with no care at all regardless how small the area inside was. He would go outside and potty, get lots of praise, come in the house and mess anyway. He's gotten much better, but will still wet his crate if he is in there for more then a few hours (except at night when it's time to sleep, then he's good for a full 7-8 hours). These are all minor issues to me and can be corrected with time, patience and lots of positive reinforcement.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
He is handsome :) what bloodline is he?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Still trying to figure out his actual color. It's changed quite a bit since he was born. He was almost a creme color when born, then it changed to a buckskin color (which is what's actually listed on his ped.) In some light he looks fawn/red and other light he looks reddish brown. Hard to say, his daddy is creme/red and his momma is a light red/fawn, Roman looks to have gotten a little bit of it all.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
He is handsome :) what bloodline is he?
He is heavy Dangerzone blood on his moms side and Larson/Wilrox/Sarona on his dads side. If I go back about 5 generations on moms side there is a whole bunch of Sorrell's blood as well. I always enjoy looking over peds and learning about the dogs in there.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks everyone, he really is a looker. He's currently lounging in a sunbeam chewing on a toy, what a hard life he has.

·
yea, i'm that guy
2,445 Posts
good looking guy you got there.. i used to have one of those hard plastic Jolly Balls.. its about 1/3 the size it was new.. once they got a tooth hole, it was all over.. lol

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
good looking guy you got there.. i used to have one of those hard plastic Jolly Balls.. its about 1/3 the size it was new.. once they got a tooth hole, it was all over.. lol
Yeah, that ball has lasted quite a long time. The one we had that had a handle on it didn't last at all (it was made from a softer material though). The one in the picture is hard as a rock and neither the new pup or my last boy were able to get a hold of it. It's fun to watch them chase it around the fence line though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts