Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just adopted 3 yr old female Pit Bull

Hi:

I have just adopted a pit bull and I have 2 chihuahua's at home both 2 years old. The female chihuahua runs the house, I just pay the bills. Brought a 3 year female Pit to join my happy family. Last night got home so late with the dog, that I did not have time to try and introduce them on neutral ground. Right now I'm keeping the two breeds separate this morning. Took the male chihuahua out first last night to meet Haley the (Pit bull). Junior my chihuahua was ok just not great about it (if looks could kill right)? He ended up biting/scratching Hailey on the noise. Hailey did not attempt to hurt Junior, in fact she just shook it off. That was one of the deciding factors in taking Haley is that she was with two chihuahua's from her previous owner and was great with them. Any ideas in introducing methods would be great. I did try walking Hailey with Junior last night, but Hailey was pulling so hard on her leash she's about 50 pounds that I had to turn around. My biggest concern would be Baby Tickles my female chihuahua, as I said she runs the household and she's no bigger than a minute but very protective of me and the house, or should I say her house, her car everything. Again, I just pay the bills. Any help would be much appreciated

I'm used to large breeds, Rotts, Doberman Pincher, Shepherd's just never worked with a Pit Bull.

Thank you in advance for any input you may have.

Have a very blessed day!

Cheri

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Welcome :)

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
WELCOME :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
I would say the walking was a good idea but get some kind of choke chain to walk the pit with so that when she pulls it is not a good thing for her and that way she will slow down and relax. as for the other dogs, introduce them to there smell first. get a blaket from each other dog and put it with the other dog lol. hope that made sence. but it will help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts