Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it good to keep fleas and bugs out of my pup? I get them for free from a friend and it comes with 4 little tubes, just wondering to give him the extra protection he needs. Also, at what age do I start giving him Ivermectin? I forgot how to spell it, performanceknls gives it to her dogs once a month for heart worm, and also what pills should I buy from petsmart or petco to make sure my pup is protected against any type of worm out there?

·
Inkd & Dogs gotta love it
2,074 Posts
Is it good to keep fleas and bugs out of my pup? I get them for free from a friend and it comes with 4 little tubes, just wondering to give him the extra protection he needs. Also, at what age do I start giving him Ivermectin? I forgot how to spell it, performanceknls gives it to her dogs once a month for heart worm, and also what pills should I buy from petsmart or petco to make sure my pup is protected against any type of worm out there?
You can start putting flea treatment on a pup at the age of 8 weeks. Advantix is not the greatest product but if thats what you have it will be ok. BUT remember if you have CATS you can not use it b/c it will harm the CAT

Ivermectin you can start giving at 8 weeks also. Its a heartworm & de-wormer. IT will kill all worms but Tapeworms.

NONE OF THE GARBAGE AT PETSMART, PETCO, WALMART ETC SHOULD BE GIVEN TO DOGS B/C YOU ARE GIVING THEM POISON.

If you are having a parasite problem take your pup to the vet so you can either get the following medication...
- Droncit
- Pancur
- Strongit

·
my crazy little mutt pack
3,272 Posts
You can start putting flea treatment on a pup at the age of 8 weeks. Advantix is not the greatest product but if thats what you have it will be ok. BUT remember if you have CATS you can not use it b/c it will harm the CAT

Ivermectin you can start giving at 8 weeks also. Its a heartworm & de-wormer. IT will kill all worms but Tapeworms.

NONE OF THE GARBAGE AT PETSMART, PETCO, WALMART ETC SHOULD BE GIVEN TO DOGS B/C YOU ARE GIVING THEM POISON.

If you are having a parasite problem take your pup to the vet so you can either get the following medication...
- Droncit
- Pancur
- Strongit
:goodpost::goodpost::goodpost::goodpost::goodpost::goodpost::goodpost:
couldn't have said it better myself :clap:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
alrighty thanks so much!, what product do you recommend deb? for fleas and all sorts of bug bites? I want a really good product that will really prevent him from getting anything. Is there a website that you buy it from? what do you buy for your dogs? Also, If I buy Ivermectin, what other product do I use to prevent tape worms?

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
You don;t need to treat most indoor dogs for fleas or ticks unless you have fleas in your yard or you pick up more than a few ticks on your dog. The only reason I treat my dogs is because we have ticks out in the valley where I live. Ivermectin you can start at 5-6 months of age or right away if you want to and use it year round to be safe.

·
yea, i'm that guy
2,445 Posts
my dogs are inside for the most part but get the occasional random fleas...for those would you recommend the biospot spray?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts