Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is my Boy KA$H MONEY (2x Mo Money from Carolina Bully Farms)... along side my BT Roxy.....

Look at his BACK
IMG_18591042192409.jpg

Who said Bully's can't jump...:clap:
IMG_18583925767849.jpg

Playing with his Big (little) Sister
IMG_18605895982692.jpg
IMG_18612640397976.jpg

Kash @ about 4 wks (with Jim from Carolina Bully Farms)
Screenshot_2013-07-19-23-56-15.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,058 Posts
HEy bud your attachments not working for the photos. Works best to use a photo sharing site like photobucket. Thne copy paste the image code here...

·
Registered
94 Posts
So precious! What a pretty boy! Can't wait to see him grow!!:clap:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
So precious! What a pretty boy! Can't wait to see him grow!!:clap:
Yeah I love seeing him grow...He is getting bigger by the day.. LOL

If you have not seen this yet, this is him @ 8 wks....Nice little video I put together... I'm going to make another one when he is about 6 months...

http://www.gopitbull.com/pictures/86194-my-bully-kash-money-8wks-old.html#post908810

He really is amazing, I love him... My Boston Terrier is trying to teach him the ropes on being a dog and around the house. It is so funny how he will just follow her and do what she does...

·
Registered
94 Posts
I know exactly what ya mean!
What ya feeding him?
Tank eats 5 1/2 cups of 4health grain free beef and potato, 2 homegrown eggs, a tsp. of oil, and a 1/4 C. of warm water is added on cold days for breakfast, and some raw meat at night.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I also feed frozen carrot slices for teething/ treats, and some peanut butter / beef hotdogs if he trains well that day.:angel:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know exactly what ya mean!
What ya feeding him?
Tank eats 5 1/2 cups of 4health grain free beef and potato, 2 homegrown eggs, a tsp. of oil, and a 1/4 C. of warm water is added on cold days for breakfast, and some raw meat at night.
I feed Kash Money raw/dry...my routine is this.......

2 x times daily

1 cup of Puppies Blue Buffalo (Dry)
1/2 lb of Blue Ridge Beef puppie mix (Raw)
10 tsp of Ultra 24 (it is like a filler)
1 tablet (BullyMax) <<<< only one time a day >>>>
Mix all that together real good and just let him/her eat it. Once he is done I wait couple minutes and see if he wants to finish what he has left. If he does not want anymore, I will (refrigerate it (since it has raw meat in it) save it for a snack for him later in between his dinner time.... At dinner time I do the same mix, but with out Bully Max....

I also have a Boston Terrier, but I just feed her the Blue Buffalo,Her coat is real shinny...

Bully Max I'm just testing out...some people like it some people hate it...only way for me to see if it works is try it... So I emailed them and they gave me 90 day sample... I read alot of good things about it and I also read it don't do anything and it is waste of money. So you make choice if you want to use it or not........

·
Registered
94 Posts
We're good on what we feed. Heck, if ya saw my guys...every last one a muscle bound freak! Lol!
In all honesty though it's the good food, farm life that's got 'em like that.
I take it you're following breeder instructions?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We're good on what we feed. Heck, if ya saw my guys...every last one a muscle bound freak! Lol!
In all honesty though it's the good food, farm life that's got 'em like that.
I take it you're following breeder instructions?
No, I really don't follow anyone's instructions, I just do a lot of reading and look at and go see a lot of dogs, ask a lot of question and the real test is just test things out. If they keeping weight, staying healthy and looking good. I stick with it.......

I always use to stick with just Blue Buffalo, which is good and keeps them lean...I went with raw now cause I see it gives more of a thicker (healthy) look...

·
Registered
94 Posts
I'm all for whole raw diet! We are raising NZ rabbits for pet food, and are currently looking into some fattier breeds.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm all for whole raw diet! We are raising NZ rabbits for pet food, and are currently looking into some fattier breeds.
I want to go fully raw, but I only keep the dry just in case, I have to have someone watch him... cause alot of people hate to touch the Raw...So he will still be able to eat the dry and he will be use to it (but in his mind he be like.."wheres the beef")

Plus what ever the dry don't have the raw will and Vice Versa...

But I was told when I mix dry to make sure there is not alot of protein in the dry, because the raw has alot and much better protein.

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Can I ask why you guys feed so much and feel the need to mix raw and kibble? Also why all the fillers added? I would also be VERY VERY VERY careful of that bully max shit on a growing puppy. That stuff is terrible for their kidneys and livers and if you are feeding a proper diet you do not need that at all.

I feed Kash Money raw/dry...my routine is this.......

2 x times daily

1 cup of Puppies Blue Buffalo (Dry)
1/2 lb of Blue Ridge Beef puppie mix (Raw)
10 tsp of Ultra 24 (it is like a filler)
1 tablet (BullyMax) <<<< only one time a day >>>>
Mix all that together real good and just let him/her eat it. Once he is done I wait couple minutes and see if he wants to finish what he has left. If he does not want anymore, I will (refrigerate it (since it has raw meat in it) save it for a snack for him later in between his dinner time.... At dinner time I do the same mix, but with out Bully Max....

I also have a Boston Terrier, but I just feed her the Blue Buffalo,Her coat is real shinny...

Bully Max I'm just testing out...some people like it some people hate it...only way for me to see if it works is try it... So I emailed them and they gave me 90 day sample... I read alot of good things about it and I also read it don't do anything and it is waste of money. So you make choice if you want to use it or not........

Reactions: ::::COACH::::

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
cute dogs :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
For my dog Tank it is not that much. He weighed in at 90#'s at 13 months. He poops once a day, twice if someone interrupts him. Lol! He's neither over weight, nor underweight. If I could get the Orijen (it's a 2 hour drive) out here I would be able to cut his portion, but the 4 health has some fillers -hence bigger portions. The eggs are added in for omega's, and coat health (he's on the rebound from grain allergies), a little oil for the same thing. We feed raw meats (we meaning here at our house) mainly to control the conditions his meat was raised in, and KNOW he's getting the best at least partially. Same thing I do with our family -some from the farm, some from the store ;) After all -he's my dog!! Lol!
Anyways, it works for us, we've fed like that since I was a little kid on my grandpa's farm, so I don't know what the "right way" to do it is, but I do know most of our dogs hit 16 years old barring disease, or accidents that were unforeseeable.
What do you feed?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Can I ask why you guys feed so much and feel the need to mix raw and kibble? Also why all the fillers added? I would also be VERY VERY VERY careful of that bully max shit on a growing puppy. That stuff is terrible for their kidneys and livers and if you are feeding a proper diet you do not need that at all.
If you read the post you will see why I feed both...
For the Bully Max..again I'm testing this out... I heard a lot of good on it... as well as bad, but I did not here from anyone on the good side or bad side that a dog had issue (health) while taking this or trust my dog would not be testing it out....If you heard of a dog or puppy having heatlh issues with this...show me and I would love to read about it..... The worst thing I heard about this is that it don't work and waste of money...
I'm pretty sure what ever you feed you dogs, someone will find something wrong on how you feed and what you. The best thing I can say ..... Is stick what works for you and your dogs... I had Dogs my whole life and they all seem to be good how I feed them. The only time I see a issue with feeding is when they don't like something they wont eat...so I play around until I find a feed they like....
I hope that helps and answer your question....

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
For my dog Tank it is not that much. He weighed in at 90#'s at 13 months. He poops once a day, twice if someone interrupts him. Lol! He's neither over weight, nor underweight. If I could get the Orijen (it's a 2 hour drive) out here I would be able to cut his portion, but the 4 health has some fillers -hence bigger portions. The eggs are added in for omega's, and coat health (he's on the rebound from grain allergies), a little oil for the same thing. We feed raw meats (we meaning here at our house) mainly to control the conditions his meat was raised in, and KNOW he's getting the best at least partially. Same thing I do with our family -some from the farm, some from the store ;) After all -he's my dog!! Lol!
Anyways, it works for us, we've fed like that since I was a little kid on my grandpa's farm, so I don't know what the "right way" to do it is, but I do know most of our dogs hit 16 years old barring disease, or accidents that were unforeseeable.
What do you feed?
Still seems like a lot but idk. I would love to see a picture of him, because 5 1/2 cups plus eggs and oil is a lot of calories.
Youd get better results if you fed just raw but again, your dog lol

We feed 100% raw here atm.

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
If you read the post you will see why I feed both...
For the Bully Max..again I'm testing this out... I heard a lot of good on it... as well as bad, but I did not here from anyone on the good side or bad side that a dog had issue (health) while taking this or trust my dog would not be testing it out....If you heard of a dog or puppy having heatlh issues with this...show me and I would love to read about it..... The worst thing I heard about this is that it don't work and waste of money...
I'm pretty sure what ever you feed you dogs, someone will find something wrong on how you feed and what you. The best thing I can say ..... Is stick what works for you and your dogs... I had Dogs my whole life and they all seem to be good how I feed them. The only time I see a issue with feeding is when they don't like something they wont eat...so I play around until I find a feed they like....
I hope that helps and answer your question....
I would wait until the dog is matured before testing something out, how do you judge if its working or not if the dog is still growing and maturing??
Ive heard more bad than good and seen more dogs sick than "buff". Proper feed and exercise will trump that crap any day.
Just search around, I am not going to look it up for you, but its out there, lots of pups with kidney and liver issues because its just too much for their bodies to handle.
It doesnt work and is a waste of money lol, like I said, good food and exercise is all your pup needs for now. Even adult dogs will do better on good food and exercise and can/will look amazing without that expensive and often dangerous garbage. Just have to have the dedication to exercise and feed right.

I feed raw. Dogs shouldnt have a choice to "like" or "not like" something lol if you put it down for them they eat it or they dont eat, jmo.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Still seems like a lot but idk. I would love to see a picture of him, because 5 1/2 cups plus eggs and oil is a lot of calories.

Hey Pookie...no one has a perfect feed routine....If there was one, I think everyone would be on that diet.. But there is not any, so people feed what works...
Just like Raw... The Vets would be all over you for feeding RAW to your dogs... but it works for you and I'm pretty sure your dogs are healthy and the VETS don't know sh&$...correct?
:cheers:

As long you not feeding something that is proven (chocolate, Avocado, Grapes and Raisins, Onions and Garlic, etc.) that dogs can't eat...then all we can do is feed what works....

·
Registered
94 Posts

I love raw diet!
My dogs need the calories, we have a homestead. Tank is probably carrying an extra 3-5, but he's still a pup. At 5 cups he was losing weight. My adult rottie eats less than him, but she's on the diamond extreme athlete. She eats about 3 cups a day, but she carries no extra weight.
These dogs go all day long with a couple naps here, and there.
Even the little guys take on a lot of calories. Our Jack was just moved over to the diamond EA, the dachshund has a diet similar to tanks in smaller portions without the oil, and he gets 1 egg every other day.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts