Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Proud CGC Parent
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kane is doing so much better than I ever thought he would.

This week, we practiced recalls through a line of two dogs on either side, with the instructor holding your dog while you walked across the room. We started out with the lines of dogs five feet apart, then three feet, and finally two feet.

Kane was the ONLY ONE who recalled perfectly, THROUGH the lines of dogs, to me, without hesitation and at speed. Well, except once, when he caught sight of another owner giving her dog a treat for a good SitStay and he thought about investigating whether he could get a treat from her too, haha. But I kept recalling him and he ended up coming to me without making it completely to the other owner.

You guys don't understand how awesome this was for me. This was a freaking REVELATION. Kane has ALWAYS been the dog that automatically wanted to greet every dog he sees. He's always had to sniff the other dog. But during this class, when he could have totally blown me off, he didn't!!

It's funny because he seems to KNOW when it's time to work and when it isn't. There is a goldendoodle in the class who seemed to get angry every time Kane laid down (this was before class had started and the instructor was running through what we were going to be doing). Seriously, any time Kane laid down or even started to, the goldendoodle would whip around and BARKBARKBARK you're laying down and that angers me BARKBARKBARK!

You know what Kane did?

Yawn and look away. LOL. He was totally cool as a cucumber. He did a head tilt the second time, like a wtf are you barking for? sort of thing, and then laid his head down on the floor and started falling asleep, haha.

I'm supersuper proud of my boy. I really need to stop treating him like a puppy with a few bricks short of a full load. He's not. Well, ok, he isn't the smartest dog in the world by any stretch, but he's got enough smarts to know what to do when, and if he doesn't know wtf to do, he's so eager to please that it makes up for it. :)

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
YAY! Great news! How fun so glad he is doing so well!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.