Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Proud CGC Parent
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kane is doing really well in his recovery. He's at the point now where he's using his leg more/better than he was before surgery, and it's only 6 days after! I've already stopped giving him the tramadol (pain meds) because he seems to be healing so well and is (trying to be) very active.

He's already starting to go a little crazy, but he's learned to settle in his crate (with a few nudges of the crate latch to double-check that it's closed, sneaky dog) or on the air mattress (which I allow him to do for only a few minutes every day). He's also learned that if he doesn't settle right down on the air mattress, he goes back in the crate, LOL.

Here have some pics of him on the air mattress. (Also a warning that there are images of his surgery incision at the end. I don't think they're graphic, as it's healing very nicely, but for those who don't like that sort of thing ...)

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

He has no problem laying on it, either.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
ouch staples look sore

·
Proud CGC Parent
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, they do. If I was him, I'd be laid up in bed in a codeine coma, LOL. But he doesn't even notice them. He lays on them all the time and is trying to run around on the leg and jump up on his potty breaks. I have to be careful about how happy I sound because he's using any excuse to launch into zoomies. lol

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
The poor boy.....Bella sends kisses to Kanes boo boo ;) how is the air donut working out? I got one for Bella for when she gets spayed and just to have in general. Glad Kane is healing well.

·
Proud CGC Parent
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So far, so good. But I don't think the staples are itching too bad right now.

I ordered a BiteNot collar just in case. Home Page It was recommended to me by a few people on another forum, and Lisa here recommended it too.

·
my crazy little mutt pack
3,272 Posts
Careful with stopping the pain meds to soon they cam also act as.an antiinflamitory whicj is needed more then pain management alot of times, glad to hear hes doing well

·
Proud CGC Parent
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh, thanks for the heads up! I had no idea. They said to give him the tramadol every 8 hours or as needed, so I figured the sooner he was off it the better (as long as he seemed to be feeling okay). He is taking 1/2 a Rimadyl twice a day for inflammation and h's supposed to go through that until he's out.

·
my crazy little mutt pack
3,272 Posts
Alright sweet, as long as he has one horde them pain pills for next time he may need it lol

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
So far, so good. But I don't think the staples are itching too bad right now.

I ordered a BiteNot collar just in case. Home Page It was recommended to me by a few people on another forum, and Lisa here recommended it too.
Looking good! Love his expressions :) so handsome, lol. The scar is gonna be a good story after! and that collar you attached looks really cool, like a neck brace for pups lol. So glad he is doing better!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts