Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Proud CGC Parent
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know what's gotten into him, but starting about 4-5 days ago, he's begun to walk up to Roxie and hump her. For some reason, it's almost always over her face. His ... thing ... lol, is never out, but he just goes to town on her if he gets the chance. Which he did the first couple of times because I was caught off-guard (this is the same pup who's only humped once in his entire life and that was the air, before he got neutered). Roxie will tell him off, but he never "listens" and so I've got to tell him No in a firm voice and (the first couple of times) I had to drag him off and make him lay down to calm himself.

Now that I'm aware of this sudden urge to hump her, I've kept an eye on him and been able to tell him No when I see him get that focused look and he's okay. It's just ... strange that this would happen all of a sudden.

Any ideas?

He's neutered, Roxie is spayed; he hasn't been around any intact females or males lately; and he doesn't do it to anyone or anything else, except her.

·
Banned
3,721 Posts
He is being dominant she,ll tell him off real quick. How old is your dog now ?

·
Proud CGC Parent
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They're both approaching the 11-month mark. At this point, Kane outweighs Roxie by at least 5 lbs and stands 2-3 inches taller than her.

She did tell him off the first couple of times when I was caught off-guard; that's how I realized he was doing it. But he didn't stop even with her telling him off -- that's why I stepped in to make him lay down to calm himself at first and since then have been keeping a closer eye on him and warning him off when he gets that focused look.

I know my dogs and this is the sort of thing that Roxie would lose patience with real fast as she is used to being the dominant in their relationship. It would quickly escalate into a fight.

·
Banned
3,721 Posts
Your boy is going through his teenage stage, my inlaws had a 80 pound GSD female Bernie kept bothering it when he was puppy. I let the GSD teach him a lesson for not respecting the ladies lol Bernie never humps though but he would try to wrestle her and she was an old cranky lady and didn't want to play lol.

I am glad you see now that neutering does nothing for humping. Your dog is going to go through a huge change until 3 and the dominance can get a lot worse so make sure that you are consistent and that you are the one controlling the behaviors in the pack.

·
Proud CGC Parent
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't remember where or when I ever said that neutering cures humping, but if I did ever say it, it would have been a few months ago, before I read up on that sort of thing. That wasn't the reason why I neutered him, though.

Thanks for your advice! :)

·
Proud CGC Parent
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My ex found a place that is allowing him to take Roxie, actually. He is moving the beginning of December. :)

·
Registered
395 Posts
lol, or you can always get one of those doggie blow up dolls that were posted in the other thread awhile back. :) jkjk.

i'm glad to hear that roxie will be staying with your ex after all. hopefully he takes good care of her without you there! i'm assuming we won't be getting many more updates on her after december, but i'm glad i will still get to see kane!

·
SASSY MINX
3,473 Posts
lol, or you can always get one of those doggie blow up dolls that were posted in the other thread awhile back. :) jkjk.

i'm glad to hear that roxie will be staying with your ex after all. hopefully he takes good care of her without you there! i'm assuming we won't be getting many more updates on her after december, but i'm glad i will still get to see kane!
:rofl: pffft... LMAO I forgot all about that. Thanks for the reminder

1 - 12 of 12 Posts