Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Proud CGC Parent
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so Kane was admitted into MSU at noon today for surgery tomorrow at 1pm. They've already taken his radiographs and the measurements to go with them.

The student handling Kane's case said that Kane has been a model patient, is so nice and friendly, and has quickly become one of the favorites at the hospital. He ate his dinner right up, which is something I was worried about, that he might be too nervous to eat.

She's going to call me tomorrow morning to tell me how he did overnight, call me before and after surgery, and then call me one last time later tomorrow to tell me how he's recovering. Then I'll be picking him up at 330 Thursday afternoon. It's a lot more communication than I was expecting from such a large teaching hospital but it definitely helps to calm my nerves.

My stepdad is building him a ramp for the three steps on our porch, with indoor/outdoor carpeting, so he can get up and down it without slipping. We've got one runner from his crate to the (enclosed) porch. Until the ramp gets here on Friday, I'll be using the old jerry-rigged towel sling as a standby to help him around and prevent him from using his leg. I also spent $117 on several different toys that I'm going to be switching in and out of his crate to try to keep things somewhat fresh for him--and because he's way too spoiled for his own good. :)

I've already gotten the information on his recovery time: strict crate rest for the first 8 weeks, then they'll take more radiographs to make sure it's healing properly, and he'll be fine to gradually return to exercise. When I pick him up on Thursday, they'll give me a sheet of physical therapy exercises I can do to help him recover. I told the surgeon I was concerned about the muscle loss in his bum leg because I know that affects recovery time. He said I shouldn't be too worried though because his breed typical regains muscle very quickly and easily, just by using their legs.

All that to say wish Kane luck tomorrow guys!!!!! :)

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
Oh Katie, please give Kane all kinds of love when he gets home, iw ill be thinking about you guys today and tomorrow. Glad he seems to be ok at the hospital though. Hugs

1 - 5 of 5 Posts