Go Pitbull Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Proud CGC Parent
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kane came home today after having TPLO surgery done on his right rear leg. The surgery went great, they expect a full recovery back to his normal range of motion, although he will be predisposed to arthritis in that knee when he gets older. I've taken to supplementing him with glucosamine and chondroitin to try to help mitigate that. He gets the sutures off in 12-14 days at my regular vets, strict crate rest until radiographs are taken at 8 weeks at MSU to ensure his leg is healing properly, and then it's a gradual return to exercise over the next couple of months. All in all, I'm looking at 4 months of having a severely under-excised, highly active 20 month old pit bull living in my house. I can already tell it's going to be a loooooong road, lol. :hammer::hammer::hammer:

Now for some pics!

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
hahah he looks funny shaved but glad he is home, he loooooks soooo pathetic, HUGS Kane it gets better hunny I promise :D

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
ohhh poor pup (and poor you!!) I ahd a hard time with a few days, let alone 8 looonnnngggg weeks! and then it will be freezing winter again! poor you!! I love the new comfy collar, Gargamel looks so funny in it, your pup is a cutie!!

·
Bull Headed
1,247 Posts
lol that inflatable e collar thing reminds me of a life preserver

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Poor baby he looks so sad. Give him a big hug for me. I hope he has a speedy recovery.

·
Bull Headed
1,247 Posts

·
Silver VIP Member
1,069 Posts
Awww, poor Kane! Hope he gets better on schedule....and that he doesn't drive you insane in the process!

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
poor guy! looks sad especially with the cone

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
i like the innertube looking thing thats kinda cool, poor kane though. Hope recovery goes well for him, here comes the fun part huh?

·
Proud CGC Parent
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks everybody! :)

Lisa--the inflatable one is working well so far. I'd originally bought it just to use something else until I could order that Bite-Not collar, but Kane seems pretty resigned to wearing it at this point and hasn't been actively trying to get it off. I don't think it would work for a more determined dog. We'll see how it goes as the stitches start to itch more in the next week or two.

You do have to make sure you attach it to the collar though (there are little elastic type rings on the inside of it you can do that with). I forgot to do that and left the house to run down to pick up a pop and when I came back, the donut was off his head and sitting next to him, with him giving me a look like, "Who me?" lol. It was intact except for he'd managed to chew off the stopper thingy holding the air in. I figured I'd find it in his bedding and just shove it in there, it doesn't necessarily have to be attached, right? Couldn't find that piece ANYwhere. So, Mister Sneaky Conniving Evil Dog ate the piece to ensure I couldn't keep the donut inflated ;) and I had to go out and buy another one.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts