Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This weather, at least here in Northern IN, has reached the danger level. Tonight we're expecting actual temps of -16 with wind chills -40+. Not good, at all. Take care of your pets....and yourself. And pray for those less fortunate...I really don't know how some are going to do it:(

·
Registered
160 Posts
This weather, at least here in Northern IN, has reached the danger level. Tonight we're expecting actual temps of -16 with wind chills -40+. Not good, at all. Take care of your pets....and yourself. And pray for those less fortunate...I really don't know how some are going to do it:(
I live in MA and I'm used to seeing cold numbers, but -40? Are you kidding me? You're state should have open houses for the poor in this case. I know MA does this. Also +1 on keeping pets indoors. Stay safe

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I don't hear it that often, but we do have "warm spots" set up for those who need it in the next few days. The animals only have their owners to rely on though, and is why I posted this today. I really don't know how the wildlife copes with this.
That groundhog better have some good news for us soon LOL!!!!

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
cold icky weather

we have all out houses stuffed with hay and have added oatmeal to their food.

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
we have all out houses stuffed with hay and have added oatmeal to their food.
Great to hear! Currently, it is -6 actual temp here, wind chill has to be close to -30. This is just ridiculous. On a side note, my sister had a stray cat show up at her back door....it was bony, fur matted down, and worst of all it was missing half of each ear due to frost bite. She has taken it in and is caring for it....the rest of the cat's ears fell off today, but the cat is maintaining. I truly feel so bad for the animals right now. Be safe all.

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Had some d bag tied a dog to animal controls front door last night. The dog was frozen to the sidewalk this am.... ppl are messed up..
Did not need to hear that:( That b*stard needs to meet a well swung baseball bat. That is horrible, RIP poor dog.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Expected -50 here....strong winds knocked over a large Shell sign. Winds were 47 mph.

Cars stranded everywhere because people are so stupid.

People will die, because they just thought they needed something. Couldn't stay home.

Like the animals that never learn to check the roads before crossing, some people imagine they are immune to misfortune and misery.

·
Premium Member
1,497 Posts
got barrels packed with hay, been feeding chicken soup[warm] and mixin in cooked rice making sure they get some water, that is the most important thing

1 - 13 of 13 Posts