Go Pitbull Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just recently my dog has been crawling into my bed when I'm not home. He's turning 2 in feb and this started maybe 2 months ago I know because he makes like alittle nest with blanket and pillows. Need some advice on how to show him to stay off. TIA

·
Proud CGC Parent
1,782 Posts
Do you let him on the bed while you're home?

If that's the case, dogs don't understand "I'm only allowed on the bed/couch/whatever while my owner is home". Their brains don't make connections like that.

Is there any way you can prevent him from having access to the bed, like closing the door? Is there a reason you don't want him on your bed when you're not home, like being destructive?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He's never allowed in bed. He sleeps in my room in his bed when I close door to keep him out he scratched the door nd wall

·
LOLZ
1,086 Posts
Does he have a bed that's not in your room that he can lay in when you're not home? If not maybe you should try moving his bed into the living room or something where he can access it when the bedroom door is closed.

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
I would say keep the door closed, he is trying to be close to you and you spend the most amount of time in the bed. Or you could get a sheet to cover your bed when your not home to keep your linens clean and just let him have bed cuddle time, lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts