Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do your pups keep warm during the cold winter months? Dosia has a little red sweater he wears outside if it's really cold. The last week it's been freezing over at night so we had to get his sweater out of the closet :) When he's inside he usually lays by the fireplace but at bed time he likes to be tucked in :) He has his little blanket that he loves. If we don't tuck him in he will shove his planket off his bed onto the floor and make little crybaby noises under his breath it's the cutest thing ever lol.

Here he is all tucked in for the night

·
APBT!
9,589 Posts
"can you say spoiled boys & girls?" lol. Too cute Krystal! Ices is a crybaby too. She tries to cuddle with Roller & he dont wanna be bothered, so she'll curl up & tuck her nose under her tail like a sled dog would lol. I'll have to get a pic of it lol.

·
Kelevra
1,733 Posts
awwhawww thats nice :) he looks soooo comfy sleeping always !!

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
"can you say spoiled boys & girls?" lol. Too cute Krystal! Ices is a crybaby too. She tries to cuddle with Roller & he dont wanna be bothered, so she'll curl up & tuck her nose under her tail like a sled dog would lol. I'll have to get a pic of it lol.
LOL That's cute, poor thing Roller won't cuddle with her.

awwhawww thats nice :) he looks soooo comfy sleeping always !!
He's so happy to have a nice big bed :)

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
LMAO he has you wrapped around that lil paw of his for sure. Crush just crawls in bed along with either calior luna depending if the boyfriend put them up for the night or not. Mine are all indoor dogs so they stay warm . We do have a couple sweaters if they need them , Zeke was wearing one of my older boys sweaters when he 1st got her since he was so skinny.

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
i just use heat lamps, 2 for mom and pups, and males just get one. they all have dry cedar wood chips on their shed as well so they stay tosty

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
My dogs want to come live with you! lol He look so comfy ;)
I put straw in the dog houses and fatten them up for the cold outside. If it is in the teens during the day I just put them out to go potty then they stay inside all day. They just spent the last few days in the house because it was only 8 degrees!! I also have a heater in the dog room and my dogs come in during the night.

I use to do sweaters when I was at working events but it keeps them warm but when you take it off to work them them it is a shock to the muscles because they are not acclimated. So no sweaters at working events now because of that.

How ever General McNasty has lots of clothes to wear to keep him warm ;)

·
Jr MEMBER
1,309 Posts
Awwws Dosia looks so cute. I don't have that problem with Dakota... he's insane, but been considering getting Alice doggy pajamas, I can't find the link and I have to get my butt out the door I'll see if I can dig it up.

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LMAO he has you wrapped around that lil paw of his for sure. Crush just crawls in bed along with either calior luna depending if the boyfriend put them up for the night or not. Mine are all indoor dogs so they stay warm . We do have a couple sweaters if they need them , Zeke was wearing one of my older boys sweaters when he 1st got her since he was so skinny.
Awww that's cute that Crush gets in bed with the girls :)
i just use heat lamps, 2 for mom and pups, and males just get one. they all have dry cedar wood chips on their shed as well so they stay tosty
Oooo I've never thought od heat lamps, good idea.
My dogs want to come live with you! lol He look so comfy ;)
I put straw in the dog houses and fatten them up for the cold outside. If it is in the teens during the day I just put them out to go potty then they stay inside all day. They just spent the last few days in the house because it was only 8 degrees!! I also have a heater in the dog room and my dogs come in during the night.

I use to do sweaters when I was at working events but it keeps them warm but when you take it off to work them them it is a shock to the muscles because they are not acclimated. So no sweaters at working events now because of that.

How ever General McNasty has lots of clothes to wear to keep him warm ;)
That's a good tip Lisa I never thought of how a sweater would affect the dogs work ability. OMG the General is super awesome, I'd love to see him modeling his outfits ;)

Awwws Dosia looks so cute. I don't have that problem with Dakota... he's insane, but been considering getting Alice doggy pajamas, I can't find the link and I have to get my butt out the door I'll see if I can dig it up.
Awww that's cute Doggy PJ's :)

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
They deal with it.. Neither one are affected by the cold so don't do anything different aside running the heat inside the house. If rotated outside/inside haven't had an issue, if its really cold will set up a spot outside to keep warm but rarely used even when i feel they could use it.

Guess i'm just a lousy dad.. lol Don't get cakes, don't get treats, don't get anything except what they need and lots of attention from Ashley and I. The most they get spoiled is occasionally allowing to sleep in the bed with us.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Sorry didn't expect it to be that large. Beastley chillin with his daddy. Our house is cold so he wears it inside too

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
They deal with it.. Neither one are affected by the cold so don't do anything different aside running the heat inside the house. If rotated outside/inside haven't had an issue, if its really cold will set up a spot outside to keep warm but rarely used even when i feel they could use it.

Guess i'm just a lousy dad.. lol Don't get cakes, don't get treats, don't get anything except what they need and lots of attention from Ashley and I. The most they get spoiled is occasionally allowing to sleep in the bed with us.
Aw your not a lousy dad, they got all they need :)
Zolawear - clothing for large dogs

I might get Dakota pair for the heck of it. We go out to the snow each year and he never has a issue, but I'd love to pick on him.:angeldevi
Those are awesome, I so wanna order some stuff for Dosia now :)
Awwww how cute :)

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
My mom just knitted Gargamel a wool sweater, I didnt use anything last year but he was shaved from the tumor removal and his hair has not grown back yet, I told my mom I was worried about the cold on our walks and she sent me his sweater. I need to get a pic. Its super cute! In the summer he sleeps at my feet so I can tell when it gets colder the closer he gets to try and share my pillow. I have my heat down to 56 at night and I always wake up half way through when Mel trying to get under my covers, lol. That's not allowed!

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
Each pup gets about half a cup of whisky in their water bowl at night;)
BTW, does anyone know why my pups keep walking into the walls?

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts

If it isn't warm soft and cuddly Bella will bug the crap out of me to come lay on my lap
LOL! She is my 48 lb lap dog LOL! She is a rough rugged girl outdoors but is a total DIVA inside when it comes to being comfy. Girl don't know what its like to lay on a bare floor. She has big warm fleece blankets and a orthopedic bed from BJ's. I also had to buy her a coat for the cold New England weather. I never had a dog that had to wear a coat but I guess I can suck it up since she's a girl LOL!

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
LMAO Bella is so cute!!! I have a pic of Dosia doing that same thing :)

·
Super Moderator
4,580 Posts
Ecko has a hoodie and I bought him a fleece jacket for Christmas, shhh don't tell him.
He also has a bed in every room and a blanket or 3 in the bedroom. We live in FL so it isn't nearly as bad as up north, and not even as bad as it was last year. He's only needed a jacket once so far this year. The chihuahua has a cat cave bed and a comforter over the top of that. If either of them get too cold they come to my side of the bed and tell me and I pull them up and stuff them under the blankets. Dawn doesn't like it but I'm too lazy to get up and put blankets on them again. LOL!

Dosia is crazy cute all snuggled up. Ecko prefers to be under blankets too. :)

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
LMAO Bella is so cute!!! I have a pic of Dosia doing that same thing :)
LOL! Thanks :) That was taken right after those blankets came out of the dryer so they were really warm! I heard that coats on these dogs are a must because of lack of fur and length of coat (Duh) LOL! I'm just used to having GSD's that don't need anything ;) Massachusetts gets pretty cold somedays so this little princess will be fleecing it :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts