Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the store today and this guy pulled up next to me with two pitbulls and an American Bulldog in the back of his truck. All three of them had vests on that looked kinda like life jackets. I asked him if he was going out on the water any why cause it was hella cold. He said no no, these are boar dogs. He had a dog before that was put down because of an injury from a tusk, so he got all of his dogs keflar vests. I didn't know they made bullet proof vests for dogs thats cool. I would totally by one if I still lived in the bay area.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I wouldn't really call them bulletproof but maybe impale proof, real bulletproof vests are quiet heavy, especially if it was on a dog. Its a great idea that someone made though, for working dogs that would protect them.

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wouldn't really call them bulletproof but maybe impale proof, real bulletproof vests are quiet heavy, especially if it was on a dog. Its a great idea that someone made though, for working dogs that would protect them.
It's a great idea for those kind of dogs. This guy really loves his dogs so he wanted to protect them while they were at work.

·
Banned
3,721 Posts
I saw a special on DOGO Argentinos down in TX or down south and they wear kevlar vests to protect them from the tusks of the boars. I am pretty sure it is the same material of bullet proof vests, it is ligther because it doesn't have as many layers as a hhuman one.

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
The vests the police dogs wear are bullet proof. We just had a fundraiser here to get a vest for the new police dog. I think it is a shame that there isn't money in the budget for the dogs to be protected.

·
Premium Member
1,826 Posts
I went to the store today and this guy pulled up next to me with two pitbulls and an American Bulldog in the back of his truck. All three of them had vests on that looked kinda like life jackets. I asked him if he was going out on the water any why cause it was hella cold. He said no no, these are boar dogs. He had a dog before that was put down because of an injury from a tusk, so he got all of his dogs keflar vests. I didn't know they made bullet proof vests for dogs thats cool. I would totally by one if I still lived in the bay area.
Well you know those hogs down in Texas and the other southern states, they are in the swine mafia so you know they are always got a piece on them. That is why the dogs need Kevlar.

·
Registered
162 Posts
yeah they need the vest cuase if the boar catches them it will not be good. I know of friend of my bother who did not invest in vest and the boar caught the pit in the gut and put a slice in him. luckly dude was some type of vet and managed to save and sew hes dog back up. personally I am not a fan of hog hunting with the dogs but to each their own.

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Like this

IMO its an invaluable piece of equipment for hog hunting. It doesn't protect everything but, if your catch dog does what he or she is supposed to do then it dramatically decreases the risk of injury. Some dont use them because of the heat, but they now have a material called Viper Weave which is more light weight.

Here is where I buy all my equipment if anyones interested in finding out more.

Country Mike's

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's great that they make these for the dogs. It doesn't seem fair to make them hunt with out them. great way to protect your dog.

·
Registered
994 Posts
yeah its for protection from the tusks. theres been a many good dog dead from a boar. nasty animal. it will charge YOU too.

·
Registered
115 Posts
It's a cut vest.They're used by the catch dogs.It's to protect your dog and keep it from getting gutted by a hog.

·
Banned
774 Posts
The vests the police dogs wear are bullet proof. We just had a fundraiser here to get a vest for the new police dog. I think it is a shame that there isn't money in the budget for the dogs to be protected.
it is a dam shame they cant but a vest for the k9 but i bet if u kill it u go to jail and have the same time for killin a cop i think if the po po cant protect there dogs they dont need em

1 - 14 of 14 Posts