Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Silver VIP Member
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, we finally got around to a hearing test...and I was right. Keira is deaf in her left ear. No reaction whatsoever. *sigh* It's okay, I just have to reroute my training procedures a little, and use hand signals more than I already do.
She also has an underbite. It has become a LOT more prominent the last few weeks-- it wasn't noticeable at all when she was smaller! :hammer:
Anyways: Pictures :)

Okay, so how about my kids found this raccoon skull in the woods, lol. :D
Keira wanted it SO bad! She never snapped at it, but she begged like crazy!

Also, Keira will be 10 months old on the 1st :D
She's still averaging about 45 pounds, give or take a pound-ish....depending on the weather (Seriously-- we had 3 1/2 weeks of nearly non-stop rain, and she gained a pound-- 1 week of sun, and she lost it!) :woof: We love this pup so much! :D

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
She is getting big!I think the last time I saw pics of her she was still little.Sorry to hear she's deaf in one ear.I'm sure she'll manage fine though!

·
Premium Member
5,098 Posts
What a sweet girl. I love her little brindle eye patch.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Ilove that eye patch as well , really cute. She has gotten really big looks great :)

·
Silver VIP Member
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
She is getting big!I think the last time I saw pics of her she was still little.Sorry to hear she's deaf in one ear.I'm sure she'll manage fine though!
Yeah, I started college, and haven't been visiting GP as much as I used to... I think the last time I posted pics was her 8 month pics-- and she's grown a LOT since then, lol. :D She's managed this long without the hearing-- and I always suspected it, but having official was kind of a shock, because I was really hoping it wasn't true, and that she was just stubborn. She responds much better to hand signals for sit and down than she does for the verbal commands already, so I just need to work out a few others for her. She's a smart girl, so I doubt it will be too hard.

What a sweet girl. I love her little brindle eye patch.
Thank you :D That was the first thing I noticed about her! And it's how she got her (adapted) name, haha.
Patch=pirate=Pirates of the Carribean=Keira Knightley
Dropped the Knightley, and we had Keira.

Ilove that eye patch as well , really cute. She has gotten really big looks great :)
:D
Thanks! I am pleased with her progress so far! She's getting pretty muscular, and I'm working on getting her tuck up some more. She's getting hardcore about fetch, and we take long walks every day that the weather will allow!

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
great pics :D shes a pretty one

·
SCRATCHIN
1,104 Posts
She's a cutie. Love the pic of your daughter hugging her and her tail wagging

1 - 9 of 9 Posts