Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard this term used on some different bully forums and when I research it I get some different definitions. What exactly is Kennel cough?

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
A dry, hacking cough. Its a respiratory infection. Some say it will just go away on its on but generally a good round of antibiotics will cure it with ease. As for home remedies im sure someone else would know more about home treatment for this than i do.

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
Kennel cough is a highly contagious canine illness characterized by inflammation of the upper respiratory system. It can be caused by viral infections such as canine distemper, canine adenovirus, canine parainfluenza virus, or canine respiratory coronavirus, or bacterial infections such as Bordetella bronchiseptica. It is so named because the infection can spread quickly among dogs, such as in the close quarters of a kennel.

Antibiotics do not get rid of kennel cough but they help with any secondary infection that can occur from coughing. There is no cure only time will help them get over it. You can use Osha which is a herb you can get in a tincture and mix it with some wet dog food. You want to give one dropper full 2-3 times per day and it will help with the coughing.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So it is basically like the common cold for dogs. I got it now thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts