Go Pitbull Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
my crazy little mutt pack
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys so I have a kennel issue! Cheza is now 10 months old and plenty old enough to be able to hold her bladder BUT if I put her in a kennel any bigger then her current 30” she will pee all over the kennel and get it all over herself. I am seriously frustrated with this as she will hold it just fine in the small kennel but it is not an appropriate size and she has to hunch over or lay down, and when she lies down she cannot stretch out. Even today I left her in the 36” (no that large a kennel) because my roommate was home so she wouldn’t have to hold it 9 ½ hours but she peed in there after only being in for 4 hours.

At this point is there anything I can do to make her more comfortable but not pee all over herself? I am at the point I want to put her out during the day but she does not like it outside like the husky does and unfortunately I do not have the current cash to get an outdoor kennel as a couple of the girls health maintances are coming up and the pups are coming time for there last vac and the blood work and spay. I don’t really want to add another chain set up as it ruins the yard and the husky has taken the most ideal place for me to have a set up.

I worry that having such a small kennel she is cramped up in all day and at night is going to effect her health but I don’t know what to do, I can’t even add a towel or blanket to her small kennel to make it more comfortable as she will pee on them which is already causing issue like pressure sores and she is only 10 months old. :confused::flush:

Ugh I don’t understand why she won’t hold it the 14 week old pup does better then she does!!!!

below is a picture of her in the small kennel, I will try to get a better one but you can see how uncomfortable it looks, I mean shoot ifs a kennel for maayyybeee a 20lb dog, she is 44lb.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
As long as she can laydown turn around and curl up it s plenty big. That kennel looks fine for now, it would be nice to have a bigger crate but not if she is peeing it. I hate to say this but some dogs are "dirty" dogs and there is nothing you can do about it.
make sure it is not a UTI and IMO I woulod just stick with the small crate it is not too small.

·
my crazy little mutt pack
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As long as she can laydown turn around and curl up it s plenty big. That kennel looks fine for now, it would be nice to have a bigger crate but not if she is peeing it. I hate to say this but some dogs are "dirty" dogs and there is nothing you can do about it.
make sure it is not a UTI and IMO I woulod just stick with the small crate it is not too small.
Yes some dogs are dirty and as much as I despise admiting it, I think she may be one. Besides this one issue she is about my ideal dog, well besides as she matures her drive leaves much to be desired but besides that she I'd awesome

This picture is priceless!!! She looks like if she just got punished! LOL :)
Lol she totally always looks like that, on the verge of being beat I dont think ive ever seen a happy pit smile on her before. She is very much like her grandsire almost to the T

1 - 4 of 4 Posts