Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was gonna throw this in the training subforum, but it's more like pic sharing. Just me throwing a volley of a few simple commands together. Training is coming along fine. :) Reading is a tool, use it.

wk11 crate = home

wk11 Practice

wk13 Leash Retrieve 4 potty

wk14 Command Volley

·
Premium Member
5,074 Posts
Awwwww...

What a smart little cutie pie...

Great job!

I have one of those command videos but its my 11 year old ordered her...LOL

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol, thank you. He's is very responsive to training and eager to learn.

This is my first real attempt (and success) @ complete obedience and a bag o' tricks. It gives us a better understanding of each other. I'm loving it.

·
Premium Member
5,074 Posts
That's the one thing I have learned about Zoe. She will doing anything I ask of her, well as long as I show her how first...LOL

·
Registered
771 Posts
very nice. Keep it up, the more you do the easier your life will be.

go khaoz go

·
Premium Member
4,321 Posts
Looks like the training is going well.

Adorable pup.

Quick suggestions to help you out a little...

-using one word commands like down instead of lay down often are easier for the dog and the actual action from the dog then is also quicker :)

- if he doesn't do it on the first time you say the command put him on lead or coax him with food a hand signal or toy instead of repeating the command. Repeating can sometimes actually teach them to ignore you and do things when they feel like it and not when initially asked.

- use a different tone in your voice when doing a command then when giving verbal praise so there is a more definite difference

- when giving the praise immediately when the correct behavior is done mark it with whatever you are saying a little faster so he knows exactly what you are saying good boy about. (a clicker can help with this to make the split second it happens as well as just your verbal timing)

Keep up the good work

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looks like the training is going well.

Adorable pup.

Quick suggestions to help you out a little...

-using one word commands like down instead of lay down often are easier for the dog and the actual action from the dog then is also quicker :)

- if he doesn't do it on the first time you say the command put him on lead or coax him with food a hand signal or toy instead of repeating the command. Repeating can sometimes actually teach them to ignore you and do things when they feel like it and not when initially asked.

- use a different tone in your voice when doing a command then when giving verbal praise so there is a more definite difference

- when giving the praise immediately when the correct behavior is done mark it with whatever you are saying a little faster so he knows exactly what you are saying good boy about. (a clicker can help with this to make the split second it happens as well as just your verbal timing)

Keep up the good work
All these things helped immediately... thanks again.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts