Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm doing some research on the puppy I will coming home in around 4 weeks I plan on feeding blue buffalo wilderness for puppies but my question is can I give a raw chicken leg or wing maybe once a week or once every 2 weeks while kibble is her primary diet and also plan to give a raw egg with her kibble once a week also if I'm making a big mistake or if my plans seem like they won't do any harm let me know I think I read somewhere that it has to be all kibble or all raw because of digestive reasons thanks in advance

·
Banned
468 Posts
Just stick to the BB Wilderness. Mixing, and or every now and then throwing in a raw meal will cause gastric distress. It's the same thing as a vegetarian tossing back a T-bone...your body just doesn't know what to do with it.

If you want to feed a raw treat get some un-cooked, raw knuckle bones or beef marrow bones. But not until her baby teeth fall out.

Right now I'd stick with BB Wilderness (puppy or not it doesn't matter most of its marketing) and keep cans of pumpkin around to put in her kibble every time she gets loose stools or when you merely want to solid things up :roll:

Don't go nuts with the eggs either.....way too much bro-science regarding eggs and dogs and owners overdo it. 1 egg a week is more than enough (dependent on kibble nutritional content)

Plenty of fresh water and crate train from the get go.

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
Eggs can dry skin out too. Like Luna said the body can't get any benefits unless it all kibbles or all raw so it's a waste if money not doing it all the way. Now as fat as a raw bone as a treat every now an then it fine of course because its a treat not where nutritional value is what you're going for.

Sent from Petguide.com App

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
My dogs looked their best on a mixture of kibble and raw. Kibble in the morning, raw in the evening. Never in the same meal. And I never did eggs because there seems to be a lot of potential side effects (biotin deficiency and such).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts